pic: Team 1388 "Zippy"

Basically done, still fixing a few little software bugs and the final touches (LED flashers, sponsers, team number plates) but other than that, it aint too bad for our first bot.

Nice. I really like your claw.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why the small balls look like they’re riding on your robot? Thanks :slight_smile:

Really nice arm…I love to see robots manipulate the 2X Ball. One question though, how strong is the hold on the ball, I’ve noticed that a lot of teams have gone for this type of simple grabber but I’ve always wondered how easy it would be to drop the ball if the robot jerked or bumped into other objects on the field.
Keep the great pictures coming,
-Aaron

Thanks. The balls were put there because we were discussing protection for the inside of the bot (we’re worried about something flying in there and causing some damage) so … some protection is being designed now. :slight_smile:

As for the ball dropping, yes, it is easy to drop it, but if you get a tight grip and have good drivers, it should be fine. Its just one of those things that require some learning.

Actually, the grip is quite strong when the drivers have the claw control on maximum power. I don’t think we’ll have too many problems with ball dropping. :]

Yeah, the claw is plenty strong if you close it all the way… we’ve already popped two of the 2X balls with it. :frowning:

Uhh … we have?