pic: Team 1501 Tranny

Two speed, pnuematic shift on the fly.

Thats a nice transmission. I like the way the motor is mounted. What is that long rod being used for?

That is awesome. How much does it all weigh?

That is a pretty nice looking transmission. It looks like it was built to last a while. That long rod looks like it is connected to the shifter. Which side of the box is the output shaft on?

i now it is a nice transmision becuase im on that team it will be the best there is at the compititions we are going to!!! :smiley:

The long rod is the shifter. It, along with it’s sister will be connected to a double shaft pneumatic cylinder. The shifter consists of two disks with 6 allen head bolts. These match up with the holes in the drive gears. Shift on the fly only.
The weight is 5.5 pounds.
If you look below the shift shaft you will see the output drive sprocket.
The gear ratio at the motor is 5.3:1. It has the same high speed as the two motor tranny supplied in the KOP.

Wayne Doenges
CAD Mentor

“double shaft pneumatic cylinder” sounds like you are talking about an illegal cylinder; I am assuming you are saying that you have 1 cylinder with 2 shaft outputs.

Sorry I misinformed you all.
It’s a standard cylinder. One shift rod is attached to the rod, on the cylinder, the other shifter is attached to the other end (body) of the cylinder.
Confused now?

Wayne Doenges
CAD Mentor

I understand…the cylinder is free floating and it not attached to a stationary point. half the distance of travel is used in one direction to push the rod for one tranny and then the rod can’t extend further, so the body of the cylinder moves towards the other tranny engaging the second gear. I hope some of you can unerstand that…but I probably confused some of you even more.