pic: Team 1676's Claw

This is our finished manipulator. The claws are made out of a balsa composite (balsa wood sandwiched between two thin layers of fiberglass), making them extremely strong while extremely light. The top claw’s paint job was inspired by a P-40 Flying Tiger’s nose paint. Post any questions you have and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Hmmmmmm, I think (and I could be wrong) that having a spark cannon in your manipulator may be considered a safety hazard - I think
Seriously, an intimidating claw and a very clever (and cool) photo of it.

very nice! any videos of it in use? :ahh:

Not yet. We’re behind, and as of today still haven’t actually hooked everything up and powered it up as one piece. Everything has been turned on individually, but it’ll turn on as a whole tomorrow. I’ll see what I can do…

sweet looking gripper. pairing up with you guys at trenton this year would be insane :smiley:

Oh, it will be. We were finally able to hook everything up and test the 'bot as one piece today- it worked BRILLIANTLY! A picture of the final robot may or may not get up, but you’ll be able to see us at Trenton and GTR. Come check us out and we’ll show you the balsa (it’s some really cool stuff).

[EDIT] Post #600! [/EDIT]

Yes, I love to see teams putting some fiber in their robot’s diet.