pic: Team 2016 - RP 6

The 2012 version of our robot, continuing the tradition of naming it after our late mentor Rich Prospero, inspired by one of his designs for the 2009 season.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV9fUUSqYaE

The specs:
6 motor drive - 8wd with 6" wheels geared at 12ft/sec.
2 Fisher Price motors for front roller and belt.
2 RS-775 motors for Shooter w. a 3.75:1 gear ratio.

Max distance on shooter - 45 feet.

The basics are common across the board, almost the same drivetrain as last year.
Also, this robot will be competing at Hatboro-Horsham, Rutgers and NYC Regional.

Hoping for the MAR championships and St. Louis to be added to the list.

Good luck everyone and see you on the field.

The video for this robot will be forthcoming.

I’ve been waiting to see what you guys came up with and I am not disappointed. Too bad we won’t have a chance to play with each other until MAR CMP at the earliest.

Another beautiful robot coming from 2016. Can’t wait to see you guys at Rutgers and NYC!!

Every year your bots look more cool than the year before. I can’t wait to see RP 6 in action at NYC.

Kinsuk this guy turned out a beast! We’ll be in Hatboro week 1 to hang out in the pits (you will love our team’s uniform :p)

See you soon and best of luck man.

heh… yea thats what sucks about loosing the week 1 NJ regional, we dont get to play with all our friends…

btw as always we have some more tricks to share, but that will have to wait till week 1 to get through.

Looks awesome with the smoked covers on. Now it just needs a little blue LED back lighting. :wink:

Wish I was there this season, but a little something called college tends to get in the way of that.

I am very proud of the progress you guys have made as a team over the last two years. Our progress definitely shows in this bot. It’s fantastic to see how bits and pieces of our last 2 bots have inspired this one.

Can’t wait to see it in action at the Rutgers event!

Looks great guys, clean and boiled down to only what’s needed. Looking forward to seeing how it performs down there in MAR before you make the trip up to NYC, we’ll see you there.

Can’t wait to play with you guys at Hatboro-Horsham!

your guys bumpers are illegal

jared… im excited about hatboro, maybe we will finally get a chance to play together, since that has yet to happen in 6 years… 2016 and 341 have never played a match together… atleast not that I am aware of.

slick, as far as bumpers go, I will leave it to the inspectors to decide if they are legal or not :slight_smile:

2016 played their first ever match with 341. Is it sad that I just did some blue alliance research to find out if this was true?

hahaha nice jb… I wasnt with the team yet at the time, I came on board the next year , so its still been 6 years since that happened.

btw: slick, I understand your concern not trying to downplay it, I was waiting for someone to point out the numbers, we have other setups ready to put it on one side if they ask us for it.

I believe the GDC answer is quite clear on this issue.

Game - The Robot » Bumper Rules
Q. We have a u-shaped robot, so will have split front bumpers. Can we split the our numbers; say “33” on the right and the “52” on the left or do all of the numbers need to be on one side of the robot? It may be a tight fit with the new number size criteria. FRC3352 2012-01-19

A. Per [R35], team numbers must be clearly visible. This means that they may not be inverted, obscured, fragmented, upside down, etc.

LH thank you for the post. Yea, we saw and it will be corrected. As I mentioned in my last post, we have another set ready.

• if the bumpers are the only thing I have to worry about, I think I am a happy camper. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m with you Kinsuk! We had the same realization about 3 days ago. Great looking robot and yes the smoked plexi is sweet. Looking forward to seeing it around M.A.R.

Mentor Mac here. I will be inspecting at Hatboro etc. Just give me 8" at the vertex. Like the rule says.
God Bless

its already changed… mac thanks for the input, we hope to be the first team inspected :stuck_out_tongue: so we can get some testing time in.

Also - any access to the field on Thursday night for calibration??

thanks

Robot Video Here: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=104020

Nice to see some uninterrupted shot videos (although they still cut out the last one :p)! I’m a little suspect of a lot of the videos that are cut so we only see one shot at a time – if there are 3 balls in the hopper you should be able to make 3 decent shots to be a really successful robot. :slight_smile: