pic: Team 2139

The effects of long hours spent on the sensor just to cross wire it, fry the transistor, spend 3 hours looking for a new one, and finally giving up.

So you are not going to use the robocoach?

Out of curiosity, how did you manage that?

What a shame.

Be sure to dispose of it properly in an environment-friendly manner.

All components are readily available if you know where to look.

So much for the lemonade.

While I’m not a member of team 2139, they are still fully capable of using the robocoach without using the IR board. The IR board is just one of almost infinite possible solutions for signaling devices. In the kickoff video alone they showed other possibilities such as a flash light. Many teams still have green target lights laying around from the past two years.

This is quite the good point. Not thinking this morning =(

The effects of long hours spent on the sensor just to cross wire it, fry the transistor, spend 3 hours looking for a new one, and finally giving up.

Um… Did you look on ChiefDelphi for help before sawing it up? Numerous people have burned out their regulators, and posted information on how to get replacements.

Oh, trust me, we tried to fix it using all the help on chief delphi. The entire chip was fried. We bought a new one from IFI Robotics. Its all better now.

Hmmm… you might want to check this thread http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63337&highlight=ned+victor for suggestions on how to repair it.

Jason

I think it is beyond repair… that victor still had a chance… it was only in 2 pieces. Mitosis usually only occurs by splitting something in 2, not 3.

Ya, our first one just crapped out on us before. I don’t know what went wrong it just doesn’t work. Everything is intact and our electricals checked it and there was nothing wrong with it. Our second one that we bought broke today because the wire was not tied down and got caught it our mecanum wheels. The pins on it are bent and we tried to bend them back and one broke. We are now switching out the old pin section with the broken one. We have had horrible luck with them.

that is a sweet bandsaw table