pic: Team 230 2006 Robot: Talon VII

cfcf8f92f705b713c9da597136a0723f_l.jpg

The Gaelhawks' shooting machine!

That robot looks sweet one of the better looking wheel cannons ive seen! :rolleyes:

still plugging the video: talon vii! :wink:

Looking good, guys. It looks like you’ve made some improvements since scrimmage, too! See you at UTC.

No front wheels? Pity…

The casters are there, those are the front wheels. I like this robot a lot. looks very functional

HA!!! Improvements?!?!?!?!?!? More like a whole other robot!!!

230 is quite tricky…Maybe even too tricky for their own good! :ahh:

you guys have proven me wrong. I didn’t think it was possible to have a rotating turret and pick up off the ground. GREAT JOB!

sweet robot… the design looks awesome. i can’t wait to see you guys at nationals

Actually there have been quite a few robots that have this capability.

Looks like another good robot from 230.

At the scrimmage, the turret was having major, major problems, so our accuracy was limited to my ability to line the robot up with the goal :slight_smile:

It looks very different when it’s built out of metal rather then wood :slight_smile:

Awesome bot. (Funny noise though…sound quality or fun gearboxes?)

Great shooter, right on, but my favorite part has to be your drivetrain. That’s the smoothest drivetrain/driver (props to him or her too) I’ve seen this year. My only question is: can you do the ramp?

Good luck! (and I hope you’ve had some better luck with the collector, it looked like you were having trouble.)

I’m fairly certain that noise was the camera used to record it. It doesn’t sound like anything on our robot…

The drivetrain is rather weird… It started off as 4wd, but we had to replace the front wheels with casters to make weight… :slight_smile:

HA!!! Improvements?!?!?!?!?!? More like a whole other robot!!!

um yea! the bot you saw at winter war zone was our prototype. this is our gorgeous competition bot. :smiley:

sweet robot… the design looks awesome. i can’t wait to see you guys at nationals

we’re currently not going to nats. wish us luck at utc and in vegas: if we place, a small group of us might go down to compete in atlanta!

Awesome bot. (Funny noise though…sound quality or fun gearboxes?)

Great shooter, right on, but my favorite part has to be your drivetrain. That’s the smoothest drivetrain/driver (props to him or her too) I’ve seen this year. My only question is: can you do the ramp?

Good luck! (and I hope you’ve had some better luck with the collector, it looked like you were having trouble.)

the noise is definitely my digital camera being silly while it tries to take video. and yes, rak (devicenull) is an amazing driver! the castors help a lot too.

we’re not focusing on the ramp; we don’t really plan on doing it at comps. the trouble with the ball collector, however, was the ball: only that one had a problem, the others were collected without a hitch!

Yep, I would have to agree that if you made that bet at the beginning of the season, you would have lost big time.

What’s impossible to some, is merely a well thought out (but still challenging) plan to others. :wink: