pic: Team 237 @ Barnes and Noble

Team 237 ran a demo at Barnes and Noble today. We had a great turnout. Lots of interest. Starbucks 15 feet away. Maybe found a new engineer. It was a good day for 237.

nerds in a bookstore…sigh… LOL too bad i couldn’t be there today. stupid work. :smiley:

“Starbucks 15 feet away. Maybe found a new engineer.”

Cause and effect? :stuck_out_tongue:

Good job.

Did you guys pick up any good books? :smiley:

Congrats on a great day!
Jane

Judging by the size of their roller claw, I don’t think they’d be picking up anything this side of War and Peace.

That was a good time there and Barnes and Noble had a good area for us to set up in.

We were in the cook book section. If our robot could read maybe we could have it do the cooking at our 10th aniversery dinner next month. I couldn’t get the camera to follow a lime green pasta dish book by Giada De Laurentiis so it looks like we have our work cut out for us! :stuck_out_tongue:

The Starbuck’s was good too. I got to get another one of those lemon icing blueberry muffins. :slight_smile:

Barnes and Noble bookfairs are always the best…we have been doing them for the last 3 years and it has always been a blast :slight_smile:

We were even lucky enough to find a sponsor one year, it was awesome.

If I may ask, what barnes and noble was your team at?

We were at the Barnes and Noble in Waterbury Connecticut.

People that came in with our coupon bought a total of $2010 in books. We get 15% or $300. It was the Waterbury stores best bookfair ever. They special ordered 8 FIRST Robot: Behind the Design and sold out of them. Not a bad day. We made a little money, but got great exposure.

I received a call yesterday from a museum in Bristol CT wanting us to put on a demo :cool: