pic: Team 294 Base

Here is our working base and drivetrain.

Don’t worry about the wiring, we’re cleaning it up.

Beautiful robot, especially the sides that protect the wheels.
You clearly have very good machining capabilities, as well as welding. The more I look at it, the more I am liking the robot. I can’t wait to see it in action!
Do you have any more pictures?

Please? :slight_smile:

Looks like the famous dual-pivot arm base
with added wheel gaurds.
I like it.

Great job so far! :wink:

So, when do we get to see it in orange? :smiley:

I hope I get a chance to look at this design up close at Duel in the Desert…

Is that 35 chain?
and if so, why not 25?

Looks nice :slight_smile:

One Question: What are those two bars coming out from the end that is facing us (in the picture)? I hope that’s not your arm. The arm is a dangerous place to mount the radio.

I’m not on 294, but that extension is probably the base of their arm, a la 254/60 in 2004. (and many more since)

Are you welding your arm to your chassis?!:ahh:
Why not have it be removable with bolts or pins?

No harm there. It looks like they have plenty of room around the A-frame to get to things. It also looks like their transmissions and siderails are removable, too. Nice touch.

I know this is from way back but here are some updates on this.

This was the only part of our robot that never failed. We also ended up updating it to have a small CIM, big CIM and FP on each side.

Each drive module is fully removable and easy to swap parts in and out of. This made working with them very nice and it saved us on a few occasions.

the welded A Frame didn’t really hinder us because we had access from the sides.

Also, we’re currently working on a prototype with AM shifters integrated so keep your eyes open.