pic: Team 469's Robot for 2006 pic 1

Here is a picture I took while we were practicing on some morning this past weekend (not sure which one…it’s all a blur)…

Some specifics:

• 4 motor, 3 speed drive
  • 180 degree rotating turret which can be controlled by the camera (including exit angle)
  • dual wheel shooting mechanism with velocity and spin control
  • 30+ ball helix storage system
  • floor loading cabable
  • center goal tracking and scoring (2 bps)
  • corner goal scoring capable
  • expansion (not totally shown) for easier human loading

Here are some large videos I took with my digital camera when we were debugging the transistion from the helix to the conveyor system.

http://www.freebmw.net/don/FIRST/Robot_movies/

(and yes, we know that our swiss-cheese flag holder is now illegal)

In case you see this thread from the New Threads and not from the picture gallery… The specifics:

Here is a picture I took while we were practicing on some morning this past weekend (not sure which one…it’s all a blur)…

Some specifics:

• 4 motor, 3 speed drive
  • 180 degree rotating turret which can be controlled by the camera (including exit angle)
  • dual wheel shooting mechanism with velocity and spin control
  • 30+ ball helix storage system
  • floor loading cabable
  • center goal tracking and scoring (2 bps)
  • corner goal scoring capable
  • expansion (not totally shown) for easier human loading

Here are some large videos I took with my digital camera when we were debugging the transistion from the helix to the conveyor system.

http://www.freebmw.net/don/FIRST/Robot_movies/

(and yes, we know that our swiss-cheese flag holder is now illegal)

Oh man, I wish I could have seen it first-hand at JSP that one day but I had exams and such… Looks nice! What’s it weighing in at?

Right now…right at 120… We have a few things to cut/drill/grind on Thursday for some breathing room…

What happened to not posting anything from 830 or 469? :cool:

After talking with the team, we decided that we wanted to…

I really like your silo helix. It was an idea that our team brainstormed, but due to our limited resources we had to go with a more economical way : velcro, and lots of it. I think at one point there was something like 70 linear feet of it used just on the silo. Anyways, your robot is looking really good. Lots of interesting features that undoubtly make you one of the teams to beat. Good luck with your competitions!

-Tom

Great minds must think alike. Our (Team 85) spec’s are almost identical. We also have the helical feeder, 180 degree turret, floor pick-up, etc. We were able to save all of the Cim motors for the drive-train. (6) motors, single speed. Attached is a link to our parent night video. It’s too bad we won’t see each other until nationals…

Yes, it is too bad. I ALWAYS loved seeing your robot at Grand Rapids, I believe… We’ll see you in Nats anyway…

it looks like you guys are just going fot the one point goals… sweet design

Actually, we go for both. We can reverse our roller system to unload into the corner goals, or use our launcher to put balls in the center goal, or put them into the side goals at a long distance.

that is awesome… i guess i just missed the shooter the first time i looked at it… good luck to you guys and hope to see you at nationals