pic: Team 48 xtremachen19 at Pittsburgh #2

Match Video - https://youtu.be/XY8Q2JfRG58?t=1m15s

This robot has been described by many as a transformer. Here we are in collect/low goal scoring mode.

Anyway, 7-2-1 at Greater Pittsburgh, 12th seed out of 52, 1st pick of the #2 AC, lost in quarters after some unfortunate battery blar happened to our 3rd alliance bot. I think we were at least a semifinals worthy alliance (thank you 3260 and 6054) had we held together.

GM Industrial Design Award winner - that was nice - first time winning a major technical award since 2012. We had a good time in 2012.

We will be in Tech Valley Week 3 hoping to qualify for St. Louis. It would be a shame for this bot to only see 2 official events. It was a heck of an interesting time designing and building it, and it’s been fun seeing what it can do. Might have to log some extra offseason trips this year.

Team 3260 had a great time playing with 48! We are extremely grateful that we got to partner with such an amazing bot for elims (even if it did end prematurely). This bot was by far the best high goal robot at GPR and it was unfortunate that it didn’t get the eliminations play time that it deserved. I have no doubt we will see you guys again in St. Louis! :slight_smile:

-Lucas

Thank you - and congratulations on your EI award! :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to see this thing transform in person this weekend at TVR!

Can I ask why you shoot from the base of the Batter? Where you are, anyone can come hit you and knock your shot off without penalty, whereas if you shot from the top of the Batter or the Outer Works, you’d have some sort of protection (and potentially a faster lineup time).

We’ve been looking forward to seeing 359, 20, 5254 and a few others ourselves. :slight_smile:

Can I ask why you shoot from the base of the Batter? Where you are, anyone can come hit you and knock your shot off without penalty, whereas if you shot from the top of the Batter or the Outer Works, you’d have some sort of protection (and potentially a faster lineup time).

We just put our aiming flashlight on at GPR (it’s not a photon cannon, please no one call it that), so we are Looking Forward to using it to dial in more shot locations at Tech Valley.

Considering we started practicing at home shooting out in no man’s land in between the batter and the outer works, without any sort of aiming aid, we considered this position an upgrade. The 90%+ shot percentage at this spot isn’t too shabby. :slight_smile:

340 accosted us a few times in the area (we gave it back to them - always fun to engage in the back and forth with those guys - I think we may have some frame incursion tire marks on top of our drive base, but I’m sure the top of our frame scraped their underside several times in response), but overall I thought we handled defense well in that spot.

We should be practicing other shot locations on Thursday, including the two spots you mentioned. We think we can lower the arm to hit that batter shot angle - we just have to verify. Of course, even if you get to that spot, you are still then more likely to be pinned for 4 secs or so because you’re trapped by the batter’s lexan dividers. Perhaps where we shot from is the best balance of close-in shooting and defensive protection?

It would be nice to verify refs will call protection penalties for outer works shots at TV before risking the loss of shot percentage due to greater range. I don’t think Dante had any opportunities for his crew to call such penalties for outer works shooters in Pittsburgh. He’ll certainly have a lot at TV.

The outer works shot is definitely on our radar for TV. We didn’t utilize it at Pittsburgh because the batter shot was closer to the tower and was easier when the robot was coming through the low bar. Plus what Travis said.