pic: Team 61 robot 2012

2012 BVT robotics robot

Something you guys should look at is the numbering rules for the bumpers, specifically the questions in the QandA. You aren’t allowed to split the numbers up. so currently your back(and probably your front) bumper is illegal.

Per [R35], team numbers must be clearly visible. This means that they may not be inverted, obscured, fragmented, upside down, etc.

unfortunately we have to change ours also.

What a clean looking design, hope it works out well for you guys.

Nice Job. Now I too know that we need to change our bumpers.

Mike and team 61 are already aware of the issue they have with their numbering and have discussed it in another thread.

Let’s instead talk about their robot – and maybe convince them to let us all know how they’ve finished their robot ahead of the deadline consistently for the 14 years I’ve been doing this. That’s probably a far more interesting, informative discussion.

My guess is they believe in KISS and stick to it. Look at their bot its extremely simple and elegant.

My only question is why they only focused on the 1 point shots and not the 2 point hoops? It seems that with just a tweak of their “aim” they could easily score 2 pointers.

This is really cool! Great job team 61! It’s so sleek and simple.
I’m a fan.

Be have only followed the kiss method… We only have one mentor so getting ideas is hard sometime so we just keep things simple. Keep it simple stupid;)

Nice robot! I wonder what those wheels up front (the once sticking up) do? Are they perhaps for picking up balls or to aid in balancing?

You know you’ve built a magnificent, well-directed bot when the untidiest feature of the bot is the wrinkles on the bumpers :wink:

It’s their bridge deployment arm.

What kind of motor are you using on your extending arm on the front? We have one on our robot that is eerily similar but we’re having issues finding a lightweight motor that is strong enough to exert 18 pounds of force.

What kind of motor are you using on your extending arm on the front?

Van door motor

My only question is why they only focused on the 1 point shots and not the 2 point hoops? It seems that with just a tweak of their “aim” they could easily score 2 pointers.

We figure by scoring 2 balls in auto mode 100% of the time is better than trying to score at the higher hoops with less %. and then feed a great 3 point shooter.

Our robot bridge arm can lift, lower, and level if we put our wheel under the bridge. We can get on the bridge and lift it up while on it with another robot

yes we keep it simple so it will be easly to fix if broken.