pic: TEAM 610 ROBOT

Here it is, the finished (apart from armour and aesthetics and such) robot.

This is one of the few multi purpose bot’s I’ve seen. Being having a stacking capability and a KotH Defensive capability.

I like the No Baby sticker on your stacker :slight_smile:

I like the cow catcher.

nice bot guys

out of curiosity, how low is that cow catcher to the ground? ur not gonna be hitting the grate with that are ya?

*Originally posted by Stephen Kowski *
**out of curiosity, how low is that cow catcher to the ground? ur not gonna be hitting the grate with that are ya? **

It looks like it is controled by the sprocket on the axle. They can probably lift it for going up the ramp.

o0o Just noticed the wings there too. Very nice compact design all around.

Why the cowcatcher? I really like it, but what purpose does it serve, I thought it was illegal to flip other robots? Or do I just have the wrong idea?

*Originally posted by fox46 *
**Why the cowcatcher? I really like it, but what purpose does it serve, I thought it was illegal to flip other robots? Or do I just have the wrong idea? **

No need to flip other robots. You just pick them up a little bit so that they lose traction. When some team brags about how much traction they have on the ramp, and how no team will be able to push them off, you just stick the cow catcher underneath and off they will go like a flapjack… :smiley:

I spent my time building the drive system and the screwjack for stacking.
As far as I am concerned the cow-catcher is merely a decoration.
but seriously,
it could be used for an advantage in a shoving match - to reduce other’s traction, as has been mentioned.
It can be raised but we can still go over the ramp with it down (teflon on the bottom)

Oh yeah, it goes nicely under the bar too. I find it hard to believe we managed to cram it all in there.
Thank you for your comments.

great looking bot…
Looks like it will be a great multipurpose bot…
seems like alot of teams are being very specific in what they do this year. good to see a bot that can do alot of stuff!

And the bot even works during the autonomous period… go us.

The screwjack stacker is a miracle… me and another guy designed it hoping to be able to stack two high, and thanks to some good construction it can stack four high.

And the cowcatcher/wedge is a tradition we have. Last year we could drag other bots with it, but we decided against that this year. Here’s a picture of our bot last year (we won the Canadian Regional with it):
http://robotics.crescentschool.org/content/robotics/coyo3.jpg
Note the spiky things on the wedge.

Your robot from last season looks remarkably like a printer/fax/scanner :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by M. Krass *
**Your robot from last season looks remarkably like a printer/fax/scanner :slight_smile: **
:smiley: You’re right. That’s hilarious!