pic: Team 691 2012 Frame

2012 Frame, Weighs ~17 lbs

Nice!

this frame looks awesome and it will look even better after its power coated!!!

Not sure what to think of this… Nice frame though!

Nice frame.

Is your frame 1/8" thickness?

Are you planning on being able to drive forwards and backwards over the balls or is there a bar in the back?

Our frame is 1/16th inch aluminum

Are you concerned at all about the strength of the 1/16" wall? I am concerned that a decent hit might dent/bend one of your tubes…
But it looks cool! Nice touch with the picture on the crate.

Are you concerned at all about the strength of the 1/16" wall? I am concerned that a decent hit might dent/bend one of your tubes…

That is a valid concern, however we have been using this type of tube for since at least 2007 and haven’t experienced any problems with it. We do however make an effort to ensure that all frame members are adequately supported.

Cough Cough Nice swerve drive Cough

I like it! Especially the clearance for the bump.

Looks good, 2-1 buddies.
I’m guessing you are going over the bump?

yah thats right

As said, your frame looks sweet.

On the tower, what might those 8 protrusions of aluminum be? The ones at the top verticies and somwhat near the bottom ones…

Very nice. Our team is going to get an aluminum welded frame once mechanical gets the prototype done. There also seems to be alot of synonymous designs this year.

Is anyone building a defensive robot? I really want to see one at the KC regional :smiley:

Those protrusions on the top are mounting points for the turret motor and other hardware associated with the turret.The ones on the bottom are generic mounting points for some of the electronics.

We almost exclusively use 1/16" wall.

1/8" wall is twice as heavy, and not twice as strong.