pic: Team Overdrive's Mini Breakaway Field

For those of you who saw the movie “Innerspace”…
Miniaturization, that’s the ticket! That’s the edge everyone is looking for.

This is our Breakaway version of miniaturization!

Very Cool,

This is what I call the EXTREMELY low-cost version of producing your own field elements.

Any particular reason why you made a miniature field? practice? strategy?

Mostly strategy purposes.
From there we were overcome by the coolness factor.

haha please tell me those are the soccer balls from the Old Lego sets :smiley:

I think you should put some Hexbug’s on there and let them go wild.

That is pretty cool!!!

Yep, they are!

My thoughts exactly! :smiley:

Ok, our team has an important question about the field shown here. So, you know the ball return ramps? Do those end as far back as is shown here, or do they end closer to midfield? We need to know if we need to retract our arm or not.

Thanks a lot.
Team 2635.

P.S. I have to agree that you should put hexbugs in there :slight_smile:

That is so cute.

Yes, we tried to build the field as close to regulation as possible, excluding size. In the real Breakaway field, the ball return ramp ends at about the end of the tower it is supported by. This means that the balls will land in the midzone while the return ramp doesn’t actually extend into the midzone itself.

If you want to see this in real life size, check out the FRC game animationor the field at the FRC Kickoff.

You’d better have one of those pusher things to move the robots around the field, just to be cool. Also, can that be turned into foosball?

anyone got some mini robots? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ding- http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78736&highlight=3d+printer

:smiley:

sweet now for a mini arena and about 39 more mini robots and you can have a literally mini regional

that is very cool… i was thinking of making one of those