pic: Teaser - Team 467

d4185af8f902fec240274468d5bb4fb2_l.jpg

Under the hood

Keep in mind <R37.H>

<R37> The 12V battery, the main 120-amp circuit breaker, and the PD Board shall be connected as shown in Figure 3-4. In particular:
A. The battery must be connected to the ROBOT power system through the use of the Anderson Power Products (APP) connector.
B. The APP connector must be attached to the battery with either the copper lugs provided in the KOP or appropriately-rated and -sized lug connectors.
C. The battery terminals and the connecting lugs must be insulated with shrink tubing and/or electrical tape.
D. The main 120-amp circuit breaker must be directly connected to the hot (+) leg of the ROBOT-side APP connector. Only one 120-amp main circuit breaker is allowed. This breaker must not be bypassed.
E. The PD Board must be directly connected to the APP connector and main 120-amp circuit breaker. No other loads may be connected to the main 120-amp circuit breaker.
F. Each primary power connection between the battery and PD Board must be made with #6 AWG (4.11mm) red and black wire or larger.
G. The 120-amp circuit breaker must be quickly accessible from the exterior of the ROBOT.
H. The PD Board and all circuit breakers must be easily visible for inspection.

I don’t seen any issue with it right now as it is easy visible right now turned on its side. I don’t know what the rest of the robot will look like, but if it’s difficult to flip over during inspection (due to size constraints, etc…) then you may have issues.

There are many inspectors browsing this forum that may be able to give you better advice.

If i were inspecting it I’d want a look underneath anyway but that might be the drive systems fault :stuck_out_tongue:

Tipping the robot on its side for inspection is no big deal

Last year, we had our PD board in quite a similar position, only more buried. Aside from comments on horrible wire management (we fixed that before Atlanta), we passed inspection.
I know every inspector is different, and this is a new year, but I don’t think that will be an issue.

You sir, have a lot more confidence in screws holding the cRIO from falling to the ground then I would.

not just that but the cards holding themselves in the cRIO is what sticks out to me. otherwise its a very clean wiring system.

And a lot more confidence than I would have about driving over something on the field (like loose parts that fell off another robot - even just a screw) and kicking it up…

That cRIO makes me cringe.
HIGHLY recommend changing that

We are considering on putting a piece of .0625 or .125 lexan over the cRio and sandwich it in with the modules installed, to avoid any field shrapnel hitting it and modules falling out.

Apparently nobody here has seen 1350’s 2010 crio mount, It was mounted on the double walled lexan side panels. That might not seem that bad, but sometimes, due to our interesting configuration*, that was on the bottom. Additionally, the side panels were only supported by threaded rod. To top it all off, our overpowered ball control mechanism had a tendency to lift the robot :ahh: up and over the balls, placing them under the robot, after which our driver would attempt to dislodge it by any means necessary. There was at least one match where I wondered how the crio was not damaged by such occurrences.

*It was fully symmetrical, there was no ‘up’