pic: The Index Card Quilt At The 2012 Championship Event

This is the Index Card Quilt. (I’ve named it that but would love to know the real name and who provided this opportunity for all of us.) What an amazing project.

Edit:
“My name is Miguel Tellez I am the CEO & One of the chairman’s people for FIRST team 2936 the Gatorzillas! I’m glad to see this post. The official name of the quilt is “The Quilt Of Change”. The index cards have personal statements of how FIRST has changed them, or how because of FIRST they have meet wonderful mentors or role modelss in their life.
It was a great experience meeting new people and hearing their wonderful storys of change it was simply amazing!
You can go to our website Gatorzillas.com and click stories of change behind the bot for more amazing examples!” ~ Miguel Tellez

Hey Jane,

This would be from FRC team 2936, Gatorzilla from Dickinson, Texas. They also did something similar to this at Lone Star this year.

I knew I was missing something special by leaving Lone Star on Thursday. Leave it to Gatorzilla. Wow. I’m so proud, I could just pop!

Maybe one of them will see it and tell us what they call the project. I also wonder what they have done with the 2012 Lone Star quilt and the 2012 Championship Event quilt.

Thanks, Paul. :slight_smile:

Jane

Hello,
My name is Miguel Tellez I am the CEO & One of the chairman’s people for FIRST team 2936 the Gatorzillas! I’m glad to see this post. The official name of the quilt is "The Quilt Of Change ". The index cards have personal statements of how FIRST has changed them, or how because of FIRST they have meet wonderful mentors or role modelss in their life.
It was a great experience meeting new people and hearing their wonderful storys of change it was simply amazing!
You can go to our website Gatorzillas.com and click stories of change behind the bot for more amazing examples!

Miguel Tellez

Thank you, Miguel!

Can you tell us what you did with the Quilt Of Change?

It’s a beautiful and incredible idea. Wonderful.

Jane

This was a terrific idea, and the students on Team 1403 were excitedly writing things on their index card. I didn’t realize what they were for until later!

Good idea Gatorzillas!

One of Dean Kamen assistance told our team that he wanted to come by and see it at Nationals. But unfortunately he ran late and was unable to stop by. So the Gatorzillas wrote him a personal letter Thanking him for all the lives FIRST Robotics has changed.Then along with the quilt we gave it to one of Dean’s close friend so she could deliver it personally to him.

More questions, Miguel. :slight_smile:

Did your team have an opportunity to measure it and find out how long it is or, do you know how many cards were written on and attached together to make the quilt?

I hope that it finds a place to be displayed and that Gatorzilla is recognized for the true inspiration that this Quilt Of Change reflects.

Jane

Similar idea in video form see this post for link to the video.