pic: Tis The Season To Be CADy

It’s holiday season, and that means time to start cranking up the brain engine before the season gets going.

7.5lbs with motors, sans output shaft. Sideplates are designed to be Delrin, but Inventor’s Illustration mode doesn’t like you setting colors… Output of 10.2 free feet per second on a 4 inch wheel. Entire gearbox is 1 1/16" wide. This was the iteration before the current, which was widened and had sprockets added to allow simple integration to a West Coast Drive.

CAD of the updated version is available if you’d like it. Email me at ironspork AT gmail DOT com if you’d like it. Done in Inventor 2008, so that or newer is a requirement.

So, are you planning on making this a shifter transmission, or is there a pneumatic mount just for fun? >.<
Do the spacers have to be so large? you have 4 of them.
nice work, good to see your stuff back up here (psst your bearings aren’t pink)

No shifting.

btw, thanks for the tips Craig. =)

Hey, you’re spoiling the surprise!

It’s not a pneumatic mount, it’s for attaching an encoder to the output shaft of the gearbox. I’ll probably end up simplifying that part in a later iteration…

So, are you planning on making this a shifter transmission, or is there a pneumatic mount just for fun? >.<
Do the spacers have to be so large? you have 4 of them.
nice work, good to see your stuff back up here (psst your bearings aren’t pink)

The pink bearings actually belong to James Fry, previous 114 captain. I sort of copied that from him. Now that I’m “on my own,” I figure it’s time for a new CAD signature. Now it’s colored background and blue bearings. :stuck_out_tongue: