pic: Triple Balance 3 of 3: CT Regional

Thanks for posting this. Still can’t believe how well that stinger works. If you look closely at our robot you can see how much of it is able to hang off the edge thanks to the stinger, basically half the robot.

OK – what is it that you are doing? Can’t really tell from the picture, but having half the bot hanging “over the cliff” leads to the obvious question!

You will have to come over and ask at championship. Don’t really want to have championship filled with every team having a stinger like last year with the optimized minibot.

OK – I can understand that. But, as the line from Monty Python goes, “We already got one; it’s a verrrryyyy niccccccee” You have to imagine the terrible french accent… :slight_smile:

We believe that what makes our robot utilize the stinger to the max is our unique center of gravity; we believe that it is somewhere behind our robot…

Heck Yeah! That triple was a big surprise to the other alliance from what I hear. :smiley: Thanks to both our partners 694 and 1559. It was great that we were able to make it happen at least once before we got knocked out. Of course, it would have been great if we had managed it in that last match, as I would have loved to see that double triple on the field.

For anyone who wants to see the triple balance it happens at the end of this match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjJrDECIub8
It is shocking how quickly it works and yes thats how quickly it works on the practice field everytime, it’s only a shame we couldn’t have done it more. Hopefully we will be able to bust out the triple again at championship in the elimination rounds and maybe in the practice rounds if 2 wide robots were kind enough to do so.

This seems to be the same speed as all the good triple balances I’ve seen this year.

Did you guys have a stinger at your first event?

I don’t want to spoil it for everyone… but here is how to make a functional stinger; take a large cylinder with enough stroke, point it down, and fire.

Did you guys have a stinger at your first event?

No, we did not - the only triple balance at NYC was the ones where 522 drove up on other robots. If we’d had it we probably would have tried to use it.

here is how to make a functional stinger; take a large cylinder with enough stroke, point it down, and fire.

I think you’re missing the important steps of “attach to robot,” “include in code,” and “pass inspection.” :wink:

Funniest thing I’ve read in awhile on here. We’re doing precisely that tomorrow at lonestar. You dont even have to make a bracket when you can buy a premade one for a couple dollars.

I chuckled when I first heard the thing called a “stinger”. From wikipedia:

A stinger is a Duo cocktail made by adding crème de menthe to a spirit.

The classic recipe is based on brandy and white crème de menthe, shaken and served in a cocktail glass. The origins of this drink are unclear, but it is mentioned in bartender’s recipe books as far back as Tom Bullock’s Ideal Bartender, published in 1917. Mixing brandy with green crème de menthe, in place of white, yields a Green Hornet.

Maybe there will be a killer Bee’s version soon. Or how about getting a good Buzz on with team 175?

I’m not quite 21 but I’m positive many of our mentors are of age. :stuck_out_tongue: