pic: Ugly 3 Bot Stack

This is our second 3 Bot Stack. FRC Team 1756 became hung up on the bridge edge and couldn’t move. We pushed them up the bridge for a 3 Bot balance.

How the did team 4028 get on top of your robots ??? that looks intense

I believe that 1501 has a ramp on their bot which they can tilt down a let another robot on. Then they level the ramp and drive up on the bridge.

Ugly? I’d call that beautiful.

Best 3 bot balance yet!

I was on field reset that day and saw the balance.

Here’s how it works.

1. The robot to ride piggy back (4028) balances on the bridge (or any legal bridge for that matter).

2. the robot to carry piggyback (1501) drives up to the bridge and gets part of the platform under the edge of the bridge.

3. The first robot (4028) drives off the bridge and onto the second robot (1501).

4. The second robot pulls away from the bridge to allow the third robot (1756) to get on the bridge

5. The first robot (1501) balances the bridge with the third robot (1756) as any standard two robot balance would proceed.

6. Collect 40 points for a 3 robot balance

side note: 447 also had a near-identical design (mechanically, that is) and had the same triple balance ability.

Nicely done. We can certainly appreciate an ugly 3 robot stack here on 125…

Here’s how it works.

1. The robot to ride piggy back (4028) balances on the bridge (or any legal bridge for that matter).
  2. the robot to carry piggyback (1501) drives up to the bridge and gets part of the platform under the edge of the bridge.
  3. The first robot (4028) drives off the bridge and onto the second robot (1501).
  4. The second robot pulls away from the bridge to allow the third robot (1756) to get on the bridge
  5. The first robot (1501) balances the bridge with the third robot (1756) as any standard two robot balance would proceed.
  6. Collect 40 points for a 3 robot balance

Rat Dude you had it mostly right. 1756 goes on first followed by 4028. They over balance to bridge so we can get our Fantail under the bridge. They then over balance back onto us. 4028 drives onto us and we pull away. 1756 rotates the bridge towards us and we drive on to balance. Easy Peasy.
Lemon Squeasy :smiley: