pic: What do you do for your crate?

When the Saturday before ship rolled around, the team realized that we needed our crate soon. While the students were working on the robots, the two college mentors (Justin and I) went looking for it. After some searching, we found it in the school basement under the gym. There was only one problem. The ramp to get there was covered in three to four feet of snow. So, we spent a little over an hour shoveling it out. What a good work out!

Man, that was crazy! :yikes:

no Robot plows?

What is the story? :slight_smile:

where’s jason? or did he hurt him self looking at a pencil again or something?

Here is the story that is tagged under the photo:

When the Saturday before ship rolled around, the team realized that we needed our crate soon. While the students were working on the robots, the two college mentors (Justin and I) went looking for it. After some searching, we found it in the school basement under the gym. There was only one problem. The ramp to get there was covered in three to four feet of snow. So, we spent a little over an hour shoveling it out. What a good work out!

I woulda just fixed the shaft of a BaneBots or FP motor, hooked it up to a battery, thrown in in the snow pile, and come back an hour later to a large puddle. :smiley:

Ok, well, maybe not. Large solar reflector perhaps? :smiley:

No kidding… That thing is like a very complex heater!!! :slight_smile:

There’s an ‘Inspirational Photos’ thread here in CD:
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45962&highlight=Inspirational+photos

Your photo is not ‘typical’ (if there is such a thing) but it is definitely inspiring. I think it is cool that you, the college mentors, shoveled the snow so the students could work on the robots. Because you knew it needed done.

Team to-do list:
shovel out the ramp to get the crate
get more hot chocolate…

-sigh- i wish we got snow here in GA

YAY for mentors they rock. :slight_smile:
Down here we get snow it just melts by ten.

Looks like what we had to do to get the carpets out of the field house for Rally!! It took 10 of our team members to lift the carpets over the dead golf cart and shove them through the snow!! Unfortunately, we didnt have enough college mentors for that!! But we definitely had enough hot chocolate!

No ya don’t… :]

Looks like what we had to do to get the carpets out of the field house for Rally!! It took 10 of our team members to lift the carpets over the dead golf cart and shove them through the snow!! Unfortunately, we didnt have enough college mentors for that!! But we definitely had enough hot chocolate!

Not quite kim… First we had to get them unfrozen from the floor. Then we could lift them up…sort of. But, we were in such a small room, we had to lift them out through the concessions stand window and roll it through a pile of snow. And that was just to get to the pathway! :ahh:

i love are mentos yes mentos

who took that pic

Haha wow thats crazy you guys!

That was a good time though. I think the shovel I was using weighed more then the snow it could lift. And no, you don’t want snow in GA.

Hey, that’s what mentors are for!