pic: What I did over my summer vacation:

This summer, the school was being renovated and the robot room had to be emptied because of asbestos…so the robot needed somewhere to stay. Naturally, I, as the head scouter and videographer, volunteered. We were close friends already, so it worked out pretty well.
However, it didn’t just hang around all day collecting dust—it earned its keep.
When it wasn’t doing my chores or sorting laundry for mom, we goofed around a little, playing some 1-on-1 basketball or ultimate frisbee. It even insisted on cooking some of our meals for us- and we couldn’t be happier.

LOL!

(I can’t stop laughing)

That was excellent! :]

i wish if i had a robot all summer to play with :frowning:

Me too! (plus I could hire it out to mow peoples yards haha) :rolleyes:

-Kyle

Looks like an idea for next year’s game!
Whichever robot can be accepted as a member of the family and get written into the will (all within 2 minutes) wins the game!:smiley:

Well thank you, that was the best laugh I’ve had all day!

Heidi

Dang! #$%!

-dave

(throws out idea for game with lawn mowing robots theme, starts over again)

If I were secretly holding a contest to find the funniest thing ever posted on this website, you’d win.

Good job!

there he goes giving another red herring to distract us from the real truth:
Next year’s game will have something to do with lawnmowing, and you just gave him the idea!!

LOL!!!

You should take the robot grocery shopping. It could reach things on the top shelves very easily and pull the carriage around! :smiley: Not to mention it would also be great publicity for your team and FIRST.

That was seriously hilarious! My mom even wants a lawn mowing, laundry doing robot!

ahahah great stuff man … all our robot can do is dunk in basketball

Here’s the original text for those of you who haven’t seen it yet-

This summer, the school was being renovated and the robot room had to be emptied because of asbestos…so the robot needed somewhere to stay. Naturally, I, as the head scouter and videographer, volunteered. We were close friends already, so it worked out pretty well.
However, it didn’t just hang around all day collecting dust—it earned its keep.
When it wasn’t doing my chores or sorting laundry for mom, we goofed around a little, playing some 1-on-1 basketball or ultimate frisbee. It even insisted on cooking some of our meals for us- and we couldn’t be happier.

xD that is priceless stuff, Ian. My mom would love that kind of thing. =D It’d save her bundles upon bundles of time. w00tness. I commend you for putting that robot to good use! claps

I got to talk to our schools robotics team, maybe i can borrow our robot :smiley: ~I wish~

This sounds like an awesome publicity campaign. I can just see the ads around the school…

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAH thats so sick!!! haha I would love to have a robot that worked for me like that… what is it doing now making breakfast?

But does it do windows :smiley:

Wayne Doenges
CAD Mentor

Hmmm. I gotta make a robot that plays basketball. And frisbee. Then maybe we could get more than five people :ahh:

That is incredible! If only I could take our robot home. This is actually a good idea to get the robotics team well known around the school. We have an assembley each year when we present the robot to the freshmen to try to get them to join. We show them the robot but we have never tried to do anything like this.