pic: Wildcats 1510

the robot just needs to have an exterior chassis put on for bumper attachment…

looks good, how do you get the balls out of your hopper?

thats what I’m wondering too??? also… how many balls will your hopper hold?

I’m assuming they reverse the intake rollers on the hopper (not the whole conveyor) and have them feed up the conveyor to be shot out.

Good job 1510!! Looks like a very good design and works very well. Loved the video. We also need to be right on the trailer to dump. But I think that it will increase our degree of accuracy. Can’t wait to hang with you guys again in Portland. stop by the booth and chat.
check out our thread in robot showcase Team 2594.

I am jealous of the simplicity of this machine.

I think the design is perfect for this game. Hopefully everything works out as intended.

With plenty of practice for your drivers, this robot has a good opportunity to win multiple events.

Loving the win in that robot and it reminds me off the poofs due to the color of the frame. Powdercoated I take it right?

looks good, how do you get the balls out of your hopper?

There are two rollers on the back wall of the conveyor. If you run them inwards, balls gathered from the ground go into the hopper, if you reverse them, balls go back into the conveyor. Also, if you keep them running outwards and happen to run over a ball, that ball will go straight past the rollers and up. As seen I believe in the video. (47 seconds in you can see it happen)

Loving the win in that robot and it reminds me off the poofs due to the color of the frame. Powdercoated I take it right?

The design was the 1510 2006 and the 254 2006 robot smashed together. The team liked the straight up and down conveyor design with the top curve pointing outwards. Then they really liked the idea of a gap leading to the hoppers and back to the conveyor. So, as a result, they got what you see :slight_smile:

And no, it’s not powdercoated this year. The person that usually powdercoats for us for free was unreachable in the time frame, so a few coats of spray paint was added :slight_smile: Looks good though right? haha

That’s a beautiful robot 1510! I’m looking forward to seeing it in action in both Portland and Seattle. Thanks for sharing and we’ll see you in a couple of weeks.

That is an EXTREMELY clever design.

Great design!

Loving the clear Poof inspiration of this robot. Hope you guys do really well at your events.

A very clean, simple design…hopefully Occam’s razor in action. Have you tested it on the regolith yet? I’ve seen a-lot of chatter saying that the increase in wheels actually reduces traction, because of the tiny contact points the wheels use.

I see a CIM is used for the conveyer motor, what other motors are you using?

Banebot 545 with a 16:1 reduction for the two hopper rollers. :slight_smile:

I don’t believe they’ve tested on the regolith yet. They have a 10 x 4’ sheet but tomorrow at the scrimmage it’ll be a much clearer test I think.