pic: Wooden Wheel

4317b3c6c9d1b1ae980f6ec6ddc7cfac_l.jpg

This was on a table for a college in the scholarship display area.

Not sure what college this is, but I’m sure there are a couple of people who wish they could have this on their bots.

Woah, that is really cool! Who made it, how did they make it, and is it functional?

Its from the University of Lancaster PA

used on Amish sports buggys :^)

ROFL!!!

how long would it take to carve that?

I think that’s the sexiest Magic Smoke Amplification Device I’ve ever seen! :stuck_out_tongue:

hey, would be perfect for grilling steaks!

That has to be the neatest way to test a CNC program that I can think of. I mean, sure, machinist wax will work and it’s reusable and doesn’t dull bits… But it melts pretty easy and you can’t polish and stain it to have a cool conversation piece. Though it’s lots cheaper than a solid block of wood that large and won’t break bits if you fast traverse with the bit still in the piece…

EDIT: Waaaiiiit. What’s all that Drexel college paraphernalia doing under that wheel?

there was a wheel weight on the back

scale that down to FRC size and then we’ll talk (one step closer to an ALL wood bot)

Read description…

This was on a table for a college in the scholarship display area.
Not sure what college this is, but I’m sure there are a couple of people who wish they could have this on their bots.

Sweet!

All you need now is a set of restroom keys attached to it and it will be perfect.
:wink:

Yes Elgin, didn’t we just have this conversation? Best part is we could totally make one of those(OK not really, but I know someone who can…) I want one for FRC next year…

Do these come in spinners? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am afraid they would break if they were on a car.

not really, the wooden tires take all the shock!