pic: Yes! I touched his car.

Yes! I touched his Hummer. Sweet.

Whose car?

Dean’s. And it’s not a car, it’s a Hummer (H1; the good version).

Wouldn’t wiz on that to put out a fire…

Give Dean a real car - a Jeep! :wink:

*Originally posted by Matt Attallah *
**Give Dean a real car - a Jeep! :wink: **

if by ‘jeep’ you mean CHEVY!

*Originally posted by RogerR *
**CHEVY! **
I think you misspelled FORD.

I used to have one of those. Actually, we had 3, but one at a time. We got rid of it because my brother never drove it (what kind of a 17-year-old was he?). I guess it’s no surprise Dean has one; practically everybody rich enough to have one does.

Oh yeah, and H2s aren’t really Hummers! They’re SUVs!

Who else finds it funny Dean rides the Seg to save the planet, yet he then throws it into his H1?

*Originally posted by JosephM *
**Who else finds it funny Dean rides the Seg to save the planet, yet he then throws it into his H1? **

maybe it runs on fuel cells or something…
or it’s exhaust is chock full of oxygen

*Originally posted by SaxMan701 *
Oh yeah, and H2s aren’t really Hummers! They’re SUVs! **

You would be surprised at the capabilities of an H2, it started out as basically a heavy duty suburban but the similarities pretty much end there. The drive train is from a Denali/Escalade beefed up with a low range. To put 35" BFG’s on a suburban will require at least a 6" suspension lift yet they are standard on the H2. 4 Wheel Traction control is standard and allows 3 of the 4 wheels to be in the air yet the vehicle still can get traction.

Some of its capability:

Scale a 16in. vertical wall
Ford 20in. of water
Ascend a 60% incline
Traverse a 40% side slope

As for Jeeps, they are also fantastic for off roading, the size makes them nimble and maneuverable. However lock bumpers with an H2 and… we will bring your jeep back to you some time later :wink: Look out Jeep if the H3 comes out there goes all your sales!

and how many mpg?
lol saving the planet isnt exactly driving a movable fortress is it?

Heh, with a truck that big, your’e out of gas by the time you hit the end of your’e driveway!

One cool thing about the H1 is, when your’e driving it…your’e about 2 feet away from your’e passenger…it’s that wide!

Here’s a few pics of H1’s and H2’s off roading. http://www.humvee.net/misc/la01.html

The H1’s look way cool on the outside but they are very uncomforatble on the inside. Very rugged durable vehicle. I have a video of one doing the Rubicon Trial.

I don’t like the looks of the H2 at all but I’m sure it is a pleny capable machine due a lot in part to the 35’s. It is probably a lot more comfortable on the inside too. But man, those exterior looks are killing me.

The new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon looks really cool and comes with front and rear (and center?) lockers and 31’s.

All Jeeps are really capable (except for the Liberty which is a piece of !#$%) I read somewhere that any Jeep model has to cross the entire Rubicon before they can sell it.

The Mercedes G500 comes with solid axles and three independently selectable lockers. But who would take a $75,000 Mercedes off road.

That reminds me of another thing, I don’t care how big of tires your H2 has (or the H1 for that matter), it will never be a front solid axle. (Unless you do a swap of course :D)

*Originally posted by Matt Reiland *
**You would be surprised at the capabilities of an H2, it started out as basically a heavy duty suburban but the similarities pretty much end there. The drive train is from a Denali/Escalade beefed up with a low range. To put 35" BFG’s on a suburban will require at least a 6" suspension lift yet they are standard on the H2. 4 Wheel Traction control is standard and allows 3 of the 4 wheels to be in the air yet the vehicle still can get traction.

Some of its capability:

Scale a 16in. vertical wall
Ford 20in. of water
Ascend a 60% incline
Traverse a 40% side slope

As for Jeeps, they are also fantastic for off roading, the size makes them nimble and maneuverable. However lock bumpers with an H2 and… we will bring your jeep back to you some time later :wink: Look out Jeep if the H3 comes out there goes all your sales! **

on top of that, it can drive through buildings and fire!

well, if you saw Bad Boys 2, you’d know what I’m talking about… (my friends dragged me to see it, wasn’t that bad, except for all the stuff they do with an H2). Oh, and if you do see it, watch the driver’s side mirror, i think it was destroyed at least two or three times ;).

**Who else finds it funny Dean rides the Seg to save the planet, yet he then throws it into his H1? **

I agree…

I mentioned that when we saw it sitting at Deka i said “That cant be deans can it…i mean he’s all about segways and saving the planet”

But low and behold it was his…

I keep asking myself that, I guess its just one of his “toys” even though he drives it 20miles each way and it gets 6.3 mpg

Who else finds it funny Dean rides the Seg to save the planet, yet he then throws it into his H1?

Well believe it or not but the military’s newest version of the Hummer is a hybrid.:stuck_out_tongue: Just not one that is going to save the world.

MPG…well…

Our '95 model was really bad on gas, but that’s because it was a gasoline engine. Usually 6-8 to the gallon; 9 or 10 on good days.

The '97 and '98 models weren’t so bad, but they were diesl. 12-15, and it had two tanks (25 and 17 gallons) so we didn’t have to refuel that often. All the '96 and on models are diesl and dual tanks. You can see on Dean’s the two tanks.