picking up the tubs

ok after a few trys of knocking the wall down almost all of the tubs end up on their side. How are some of you people thinking as far as being able to pick these up
Thanks

we r thinking of using a forklift type of design, pully activated, mayb pnumatic. we are also tryin to see what we can do with suction cups. we don thinks arms r the way to go thou.

john team 1019

only problem with sunction is the fact that the containers are grainy not smooth there for loosing alot of its efficiancy

That information is classified.
I think most teams would be reluctant to share these kind of design solutions so early in the DESIGN phase of the game. Look for these answers in 3 weeks.

Greg

Is telepathic levetation out of the question?

On roughly the same topic, someone asked me how I thought we were going to do the autonomous programming.

“Easy. We’re just going to make the robot fully cogniscent. Then I can tell it our strategy and it can decide what is best with our situation.”

Did someone say faith in programmers?

The MOE team is comming up with a very top secret design, but I can tell you these things:

1. It involves the containers.
  2. It involves a stack of 22 containers
  3. It involves a mysterious force that surrounds us… and binds us…

That is all I am at liberty to say… :smiley:

22 baskets ?? thats amazing you guys always go for the biggest and best object of the game…im excited to see what you guys are gonna put out … remember us ?? 651 ? runner up alliance with you at brunswick eruption and deul on the delaware. Good luck

haha moe yes and it if it fails to work the first match it will for sure work the next right hahaha anyways you guys have the most courageous no holds barred ideas out there good luck this year

I have some “insider” information about moe’s robot. Aparrently it will be “lime green” and will have two top secret devices called “wings”.

watch out now revealing that kind of information might have a penalty. Can you say death by moe sticks??? not only painful but also noisy

One of the other mentors on the team was as perplexed as I’m sre most of you were about my previous post…

During our brainstorming, the method I described was one of my ideas that didn’t make it past the cutting room floor. Our drive team was going to use The Force to stack boxes much like Luke Skywalker did in The Empire Strikes Back.

But the MOE Green 'bot should still be able to pull a surprise out of that top-hat yet! I’ll tell you how we do it. Meet up with me either at the Chesapeak Reagional, the Philadelphia Alliance Regional, or the Championship Event in the 365 pits, and I’ll give you the down-low on any part of the MOEv2003 'bot you want! :smiley:

Note: MOEv2003 is not yet the official name… we don’t pick that until we can take a break after shipping.

GOOD LUCK, ALL!

The TIGERTRONS CLAW is currently under lock and key sorry for not giving you any helpful ideas…

You will just have to wait and see our CLAW at either Philly, Pheonix, or Rutgers!!!

I’m wondering if anyone is trying the “super arm” that was on the kickoff animation?

The crates being all on their sides is a major problem, and MOE’s “wings” aren’t a far cry from our little creation, I’d imagine they’re either going to knock down the whole wall at once, or blockade the ramp or…both.

that’d be absurd to make that super arm… plus controlling it would be very hard.

The CG on an arm that big would be absurd, it would be very easy to take a robot like that down unless they are anchord the the hill.

Although anchoring isn’t out, I wouldn’t recomend it. The spotwelded wire mesh that makes up the ramp isn’t that strong. In tests with a 130lb robot, the mesh bent a substantial ammount. When we moved the students in to remove the robot from ontop of the ramp, the mesh bent under their weight as well. I anticipate there being some rather nasty ruts on the mesh on the way to the top, making any sort of breaking mechanism unrelyable. We haven’t tried it yet, but I’ll be that if you anchor to the wire mesh with a 130lb robot on the down slope, then have another 130lb robot pushing down on the first, it could be possible to break the welds. Possible DQ there… and trust me, the Miracle Workerz know about DQs

:ahh: FIRST AND LAST DQ OF IN THE 2002 COMPETITION!:ahh:
Go MOEHawk!

There were also a few bots in the 2000 competition that hung on the bar then used a freakishly long arm to steal balls from the goals. Although I don’t expect to see any ‘super box arms’, it would be really cool to see.

Picking up the tubs is going to be a very simple task, but here comes the difficulty . . . aligning those boxes to be stacked. It is pretty easy to align the boxes from one or maybe two angles (if you are willing to sacrifice a fair amount of robot space) but being able to align boxes from all angles is next to near impossible, and will be very slow no matter what . . . unless you use the force of course. I spent all last week going over and over how it would be possilbe and the end result was NOT pretty to the least extent. So I hope everyone who tries to pick up boxes good luck and I hope you have more of it than I did!

*Originally posted by yangotang *
**that’d be absurd to make that super arm… plus controlling it would be very hard. **

Absurdly cool.:smiley:

/me looks at the Technokitties

Wetzel

Noone told me anything. :cool:

[quote]Originally posted by SuperJake
3) It involves a mysterious force
that surrounds us… and binds us…

I would like to remind you that (if this force has a dark side and a light side) DUCT TAPE is not as strong as velcro.

Ken Loyd
Team 64[/quote]

*Originally posted by team222badbrad *
**The TIGERTRONS CLAW is currently under lock and key sorry for not giving you any helpful ideas…

You will just have to wait and see our CLAW at either Philly, Pheonix, or Rutgers!!! **

Dear BadBrad,

Our FBI (FIRST Bureau of Investigation)source has emailed CAD drawings of the Tigertrons Claw. Our super secret spy class has built lego models of the claw. We plan to supply all teams attending the Arizona Regional with copies of the “Claw” unless 222 promises to bring an ample supply of Twinkies and Mountain Dew to share with members team 64.

Ken Loyd
Team 64