Picture size reduction in large quantity

Does anyone know how I can reduce the size of like 300 JPEG pictures to 640x480. I could open them all in Photoshop and do it all manually but is there a better way?

Irfanview can handle batch image processing.

photoshop can do batch processing too
but i have never bothered to try it…so i couldn’t tell you how. I’m sure though if you do a google search on it something will be there.

Firework from Macromedia will do it (and lots more) automatically in a snap.

Also they have a free 30 day fully working demo.

Go to the Macromedia web site and download it.

:ahh: I’m suprised that no one uses what I use. It’s totaly FREE, you can do batches, and all you need is a right click!

It’s Microsoft power tools. It says that you shouldn’t use this unless you are an advanced user - but it’s so simple it SHOULD come with Windows standard…

Here is the link for the PowerToys

It will be on the right, 5th link down. I have all the others also. They come in handy. That is how I get any image to my avatar! Easy, simple, and it’s FREE! :smiley:

*Originally posted by M. Krass *
**Irfanview can handle batch image processing. **
I used this and it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.:slight_smile:

I use iview for batch processing, and use it to make my website pages. iPhoto is also a good solution.

I wrote a tutorial on how to use Photoshop 7.0 to make the entire web photo gallery. I don’t know if I completly finished it, but you should be able to figure it out from that info. http://www.combbat.com/photoshop/automategallery.shtml If you need more help just send me a PM.

*Originally posted by Matt Attallah *
**:ahh: I’m suprised that no one uses what I use. It’s totaly FREE, you can do batches, and all you need is a right click!

It’s Microsoft power tools. It says that you shouldn’t use this unless you are an advanced user - but it’s so simple it SHOULD come with Windows standard…

Here is the link for the PowerToys

It will be on the right, 5th link down. I have all the others also. They come in handy. That is how I get any image to my avatar! Easy, simple, and it’s FREE! :smiley: **

Yeah, of course I use it… many people probably do, but they may not post up after every single new thread is created :slight_smile:

In any case, my edition of Fireworks MX is my favorite for it… though Photoshop for imaging any day.

(Nearly any piece of software for $20 from Cornell University here == very very good)