Pigeon 2.0/Field Relative randomly switching forward to left of robot

Robot field relative keeps randomly switching “forward” to the direction left of the robot (-90°). It appears to be inconsistent, but generally occurs 5-15 seconds after dropping or picking up game pieces. We are using a Pigeon 2.0 and Swerve MK4i. Don’t know if this is related, but we also have been receiving a “CAN frame not received/too stale” error for the Pigeon, but have inspected all wiring, and even rerouted CAN wires to go from CANivore straight to the Pigeon first in case of a timeout issue but to no avail. We have contacted ctre, but were hoping to see if anyone else has been having the same issue to help resolve as quickly as possible considering our driving during competition is extremely difficult due to it happening randomly. Last competition was a doozy trying line it up, and it has been happening more and more frequently for some reason (10ish seconds between occurrences). Any assistance would be awesome:)

1 Like

I just reread this post and realized it probably sounds pretty confusing😅 in essence- robot is setting field relative to the robot’s left randomly (possibly an issue with the pigeon), with the frequency at which it happens being fairly random as well. Fairly certain it is not a wiring/wire issue as robot is still driving. Please let me know if you need any clarification.

We don’t see this, but this post will help explain the -90 issue…

I wonder if you have a power issue that is causing the Pigeon to keep resetting. That would cause your stale frames also.

2 Likes

Had the same issue last year and reseating the power wires fixed it for good. Probably what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Alrighty, we will look into that thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Awesome, we will try that out today, thank you for the assistance :slight_smile:

We reseated power wires and so far so good! Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.