Hello! We are experiencing some kind of failure on our new pigeon 2. We just got it a couple weeks ago and it has been phenomenal so far, but this morning when we came in for some drive practice, we found the gyro was constantly decrementing, when we boot it immediately starts decreasing past -300,000 degrees, we’ve tried re-flashing it, changing can, changing power, reverting to old, known working code, but to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this failure mode? Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks in advance!
I’m not sure why this would be happening. Can you tell us about how you wired it and show us your code? With a Pigeon 1, I’ve seen metal swarf cause weird problems, but that shouldn’t be a problem with a Pigeon 2.
Hi, I’m on the same team as the original poster. Thanks for your help. We ended up figuring it out. Using Phoenix tuner, we went into the Pigeons Config, and found a “custom field 1” or some similar name that was set to some crazy number, around 3 million. We reset the config to factory defaults, and retested the Pigeon, and it worked perfectly. Unsure how that got changed in the config, but I’m at least glad we got it working again.
My team uses the tuner for developing those values including for CANcoders and motor controllers. Then in the
robotInit software set and print all values to assure everything is set correctly.