Pit size

Hey all!

I’m pretty new at this, so if this thread is in the wrong subsection, forgive me.
I’m from a relattively new team, team 772. We’re in the process of designing a pit workstation. Does any one have a rough estimate of the pit dimensions? Thanks

Cheers,
Ludwik

At the Championships, we can usually count on a 10ft x 10ft pit.

However, many of the regionals are cramped for pit space. Don’t make anything bigger than 9ft x 9 ft. Also, don’t be suprised that it may be a bit smaller.

Andy B.

*Originally posted by Ludwik *
**Hey all!

I’m pretty new at this, so if this thread is in the wrong subsection, forgive me.
I’m from a relattively new team, team 772. We’re in the process of designing a pit workstation. Does any one have a rough estimate of the pit dimensions? Thanks

Cheers,
Ludwik **

I would contact who is in charge of the regional, FIRST may also have this information avalibabale.

-Greg The Great

Alot of these demensions are not set. At CR last year the pit sizes changed and varied during set-up. I can’t see any pitts being smaller than 8 x 8 but the 9 x 9 suggestion is good (seeing the experience that it came from, I would go with it).

If your ‘pit station’ has a lot of stuff you need to ship to the regionals, you will end up paying extra for the drayage. Be careful as FIRST is getting sticky on ‘big’ tool bokes which double as crates. THey don’t want the big crate boxes left in the pits even though they are designed to fit and provide dependable work and storage space. Some day this will change I’m sure but so far they have not eased thier position… only solidified it.

I would suggest making the design adjustable in the dimension that goes through yours and your neighbors pits. This was you can be courteous and keep the workstation within the size you’re given - even if they only give you 8’.