Please Answer My Question !!!!

If I wanted to make my shooter shoot in autonomous how would I do that ?

Also can anyone show me a example of a autonomous program ?

Also how do I set up different autonomous programs to choose from in SmartDashBoard ?

Please Answer the following questions programming geniuses.

I’m Running a Iterative Class

Are you running command based in Java?

If you are, then your autonomous program is litterally a command group with a sequence of commands.

you add your commands like this

addSequential(new myCommand1);
addSequential(new myCommand2);

if you want to run 2 commands at the same time:

addParallel(myCommand1);
addSequential(myCommand2);

> If I wanted to make my shooter shoot in autonomous how would I do that ?

In AutonomousPeriodic, turn on your shooter and shoot.

Now, if you want to score, and avoid fouls (like having to be in contact with the courtyard carpet before launching a boulder), that is much more difficult.

Starting from the Spy Box would be a much easier problem. When your team places the robot, line it up with the goal.

> Also how do I set up different autonomous programs to choose from in SmartDashBoard ?

Have some method to set a variable: dip switches on the robot (connected to analog or digital input), Digital switches on the Dashboard, or use a field on the smart dashboard.

In AutonomousInit, read the switches.
In AutonomousPeriod, do whatever you have to do, based upon the switch setting.

BTW: Can you drive your robot yet? That is a more fundamental problem. If you can’t drive, you can’t do much in Autonomous, or Teleop.

Thank you for replying but I am running Iterative

Thank you

Yes we can drive

Autonomous is just like Teleop. The only difference is: Instead of getting commands from the Controller, you pre-define the sequence of commands.

So, drive straight for a period of time. Shoot the Boulder.

If you create an example program in eclipse, it should have an example of how to use the smart dashboard to select your auto script. You should find a SendableChooser object in the robot.Java, which is the radio-button selector thing in the smart dashboard

If you can’t find it, feel free to PM me I can walk you through it. I’d just send you resources now, but I’m only on my phone