Please Give Me Your Suggestions!

I am looking for any and all suggestions about our wesite. Good and bad, please send them to [email protected]

You can view our site here

Nice website.
Quick to load and nice color scheme.

–Petey

Just a nitpicky thing… is the bullet supposed to be underline in the navigation menu? Cuz the &middot is currently within the link. I would suggest moving it out.

(Or even redoing the navigational menu as a list and doing the mouseovers thru CSS. it’d cut down on filesize, and changing the menu would be a snap. Just add/replace/delete <li>'s as needed. http://www.alistapart.com/stories/taminglists/ provides a method to achieve that.)

Ok i’ve taken the bullet out of the links in the menu nav… they were never meant to be there just sorta happened (note: i can’t directly update the site, so it may take time for all the pages to change this) I also added a cool little thing, a favicon. Well any other suggestions/ideas are welcome, please keep commenting!

For the flash animation, I’d kill the sound, or atleast have an option. It’s annoying here’s a BOOM! sound when listening to music…just a suggestion. Nice site overall though!

Yeah, that little flash was kinda annoying. Kill the sound, make it faster. Have sound default off, optionally on. That ‘stop’ button is hard to hit because the button is the letters themselves and not the whitespace around them

*Originally posted by Gadget470 *
**Yeah, that little flash was kinda annoying. Kill the sound, make it faster. Have sound default off, optionally on. That ‘stop’ button is hard to hit because the button is the letters themselves and not the whitespace around them **

Good point also. http://www.kirupa.com has a good sound tutorial if you don’t want to (or can’t) edit the fla.

i thought i’d been shot when i first heard the flash sound…it was all quiet and then i heard that.

rather scary…

but nice site nonetheless :smiley:

*jeremy

*Originally posted by Jeremy_Mc *
**i thought i’d been shot when i first heard the flash sound…it was all quiet and then i heard that.

rather scary…

but nice site nonetheless :smiley:

*jeremy **

That’s what I thought a first, then I thought that my CD or mp3 (forgot which I was listening to) was messing up (or messed up).

Considering I was blasting my music at the time, the sound gave me a heart attack. Thought someone was breaking in.

Yes, I grabbed my computer monitor and ran into my room. Pages that scare people are bad…

Otherwise nice job.

*Originally posted by Replic *
**Considering I was blasting my music at the time, the sound gave me a heart attack. Thought someone was breaking in.

Yes, I grabbed my computer monitor and ran into my room. Pages that scare people are bad…

Otherwise nice job. **

That’s happened to me before, got introuble to.

Nice menu, but drop-downs don’t work to well with CompuServe.

Thanks for all the great comments, keep them coming. I have taken some advice and heres what I’ve done:

1. the flash no longer has sound altogether

2)this isn’t a change just a note, everything in the pull down menu is the same as the stuff at right, so you aren’t missing out on anything

1. No one had noted this but I’m currently fixing all the images that were missing in the picture albums, and adding some of the older albums as well.

NOTE: As my school won’t allow me to directly update, these changes may not take effect right away, I have to send the updates to someone and they have to relay them to the server (sucks doesn’t it?)

Anyways, thanks for all of your suggestions and help, please keep the comments coming.

*Originally posted by iBob *
2)this isn’t a change just a note, everything in the pull down menu is the same as the stuff at right, so you aren’t missing out on anything

Why use up more space than needed, and make the site load slower to boot. Just use the menu on the right.

*Originally posted by Raven_Writer *
**Why use up more space than needed, and make the site load slower to boot. Just use the menu on the right. **

I suppose this is a valid point, however, the space and load time will not change a lot, it may be helpful for ppl with very slow connections. I’ll go ahaed and take it off. Thanks again.

**I suppose this is a valid point, however, the space and load time will not change a lot, it may be helpful for ppl with very slow connections. I’ll go ahaed and take it off. Thanks again. **

Welcome. Do you use any server-side scripting (PHP, ASP, CGI, etc…)?

no, not yet anyways, I’d like to learn some… got any advice on how/where to learn?

**no, not yet anyways, I’d like to learn some… got any advice on how/where to learn? **

This depends on what your server allows. Ask your server administrator (or hosting service, they should have a tech support e-mail). Then PM or e-mail me if you wish, or just reply here with what they told you. My e-mail is [email protected]

Everyone! I made a few more changes, check it out, tell me what you think! Thanks!