Please help; HUGE mplab problem

I have no source files!

I took the FRC default code but I have no source files so I cannot build!! It only accepts .asm format, of which I have no files.

What do you mean you have no source files…
go to kevin.org/frc
and download a version of the code that suits your needs (probably camera_s_2.zip).
Unzip that to a low leve directory (c:\code) and then in mplab open project
and select the project in that directory.

Tell me how that goes

see it gives me this error:
Make: The target “C:\Documents and Settings\Achuta\Desktop\FRC_DEFAULT\main.o” is up to date.
Make: The target “C:\Code\Robotics.cof” is out of date.
Executing: “C:\mcc18\bin\mplink.exe” /l"C:\mcc18\lib" “18f8722.lkr” “C:\Documents and Settings\Achuta\Desktop\FRC_DEFAULT\main.o” “C:\Code\FRC_alltimers_8722.lib” “C:\Code\FRC_library_8722.lib” /o"Robotics.cof" /M"Robotics.map"
MPLINK 3.90, Linker
Copyright © 2004 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - could not find definition of symbol ‘Process_Data_From_Local_IO’ in file ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Achuta\Desktop\FRC_DEFAULT\main.o’.
Errors : 1

BUILD FAILED: Mon Jan 08 20:58:20 2007

MPLAB has problems with paths to build directories that are too long and (if I remember correctly) include spaces. Try moving your build directory to something like c:\frc.

-Kevin

Ok I have no idea what is going on:

Now i get this;
Make: The target “C:\Code\main.o” is up to date.
Make: The target “C:\Documents and Settings\Achuta\Desktop\FRC_DEFAULT\ifi_startup.o” is out of date.
Executing: “C:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe” -p=18F8722 “ifi_startup.c” -fo=“ifi_startup.o” -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Make: The target “C:\Documents and Settings\Achuta\Desktop\FRC_DEFAULT\ifi_utilities.o” is out of date.
Executing: “C:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe” -p=18F8722 “ifi_utilities.c” -fo=“ifi_utilities.o” -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Make: The target “C:\Documents and Settings\Achuta\Desktop\FRC_DEFAULT\user_routines.o” is out of date.
Executing: “C:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe” -p=18F8722 “user_routines.c” -fo=“user_routines.o” -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
C:\Documents and Settings\Achuta\Desktop\FRC_DEFAULT\user_routines.c:168:Warning [2066] type qualifier mismatch in assignment
C:\Documents and Settings\Achuta\Desktop\FRC_DEFAULT\user_routines.c:191:Warning [2066] type qualifier mismatch in assignment
C:\Documents and Settings\Achuta\Desktop\FRC_DEFAULT\user_routines.c:193:Error [1203] too few arguments in function call
Halting build on first failure as requested.
BUILD FAILED: Mon Jan 08 21:49:59 2007

The first two warnings are related to calls to printf() and the error, I’m guessing, has to do with a call to Generate_Pwms().

To fix the problem, go to this dialog box: Project->Build Options->Project->MPLAB C18 Tab

Once you’re there, click on the “Use Alternate Settings” check box, and then add “-nw=2066 -D_FRC_BOARD” to the end of the stuff in the associated text box. When done, it should read “-Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa- -nw=2066 -D_FRC_BOARD” (without the quotes).

-Kevin