Pneumatic Pressure Relief Valve Question

I am following the steps to calibrate the pressure relief valve given in the pneumatics manual. The manual says to jumper the wires until the gauge reads 125, then remove the jumper and turn the screw on the top of the valve until air escapes but pressure remains between 120-125 psi. Does this mean that air should slowly escape until it stops between 120-125? It seems no matter what I do when I recharge the system it stops at 115 psi.

The system normally stops at ~115psi because that’s what the pressure switch is factory set for.
We don’t modify that. It’s fine.

The pressure relief valve (a different device) is there in case the pressure switch fails or the pressure is increased some other unintended way.
It’s an emergency/safety pressure release.
That’s what you should be adjusting to ~125psi.
You shouldn’t see anything above 115-120psi normally.

^^^^
stated above!

[strike]You are referring to pressure relief valve calibration, it must relieve air at or below 120 psi. Turning on or off compressor is controlled by pressure switch (that you put jumper on to keep compressor on during calibration). These switches work around 115 psi. There is a way to tune it, but personally I would not recommend it, not sure about legality.[/strike]