pneumatics tank

Posted by paul.

Student on team #349, RoBahamas, from International Academy and Ford Motor Company.

Posted on 1/20/2000 4:46 PM MST

We were wondering whether or not the pneumatics tank has to be removed from the robot when the tank is filled at the competitions, or can we bring the robot along to the ‘filling station?’

Paul

Posted by Quentin Lewis.

Engineer on team #42, P.A.R.T.S - Prececision Alvirne Robotics Technology Systems, from Alvirne, Hudson NH.

Posted on 1/20/2000 10:32 PM MST

In Reply to: pneumatics tank posted by paul on 1/20/2000 4:46 PM MST:

> : We were wondering whether or not the pneumatics tank has to be
> removed from the robot when the tank is filled at the competitions,
> or can we bring the robot along to the ‘filling station?’

I thought I remember reading or hearing that it had to be removed because FIRST was going to have a boat load of pre-filled tanks ready to ‘swap’ out during the matches. (tank fills being done over-night at a more lesurely pace I suppose)

-Quentin

Posted by Russell Pauley.

Coach on team #344 from Phoebus High School.

Posted on 1/22/2000 4:49 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: pneumatics tank posted by Quentin Lewis on 1/20/2000 10:32 PM MST:

: > : We were wondering whether or not the pneumatics tank has to be
: > removed from the robot when the tank is filled at the competitions,
: > or can we bring the robot along to the ‘filling station?’

: I thought I remember reading or hearing that it had to be removed because FIRST was going to have a boat load of pre-filled tanks ready to ‘swap’ out during the matches. (tank fills being done over-night at a more lesurely pace I suppose)

: -Quentin

I though they said at the Kick-off that there was going to be a station to refill it fast. They didn’t say it had to be removeable. But I am not sure

Russell