pneumatics

what do you think the smallest area that should be allowed to fit the pneumatics on a robot?

*Originally posted by adamoneDB04 *
**what do you think the smallest area that should be allowed to fit the pneumatics on a robot? **

Actually it is more a question of volume. The answer is just a little bit more volume than the parts you are using. :yikes: Remember, not all parts need to be mounted flat on your base. I don’t remember if the compressor has to be mounted upright or not. You should check the manual on that. But certainly the cylinders do not care about orientation.

If needed, you can fight with the electrical team for volume. Their harware WILL run in any orientation. We have routinely installed electronics upside down and sideways to free up real estate for other sub systems that had to be upright.

I could give a batter answer with more details, right now I’m trying to answer the question I think you’re really asking. ie “how do I get this all to fit?” It depends on the number and size of cylinders you are using, whether you can perform your functions with stored air or need the compressor on board, what valves you are using and many other factors.

You can always PM me with details if you think it might help