PNW District Highlight Videos

I think Nicolas has photos from inside the fort. You should ask him for them.

I found them. ah the wonders of not realizing that everything is out of focus.

Imgur

Wow. Just wow. As media lead for 1523 I can say that any one of those videos beats the productions FIRST puts on at champs and regionals. You do have some incredable gear as well that cant hurt. Im going to put our team to work on a South Florida Regional version. My current gear:
T3i
60d (i hope)
Sony dslr
2 gopros
Flycam nano
70-200 f2.8 L IS
28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS
14 f2.8
50 f1.4
Several mics
Misc mounting hardware and tripods.

Slightly jelous of the 5d, steadycam and 16-35 L.

That 14 2.8 though. I don’t actually own the 5D though. I own the 60D, 24-105, and the 70-200 mk II(beast lens that beats the older versions). The 16-35, imo and those of review sites, is not very good. Canon seriously can’t make good wide angle lenses. Nikon’s 14-24 is beast, but Nikon…

I can’t wait to see how you guys take your own take on the idea of a FIRST Highlight Reel. We focus on people more than robots, but other videos I have seen give a more balanced video.

Is there a video for Spokane?

No, I am in Issaquah so there was no way for me to make it out to Spokane. Instead I got to go to Mt. Vernon.

I am one of the few that pushes for the highlight video to be made at each event. Others being Trevor (Snapshot), who helps me out as an editor whenever he isn’t doing his work as Technical Director, and Jansen, a guy that sometimes comes as media coordinator. I wish I could go to every event or atleast have someone from my team be at every event to push something, anything, out there. I can’t make it to Week 6 because I don’t have a ride there and back, but I have yet to fail to put out a highlight reel for the events I have gone to. 4 done and 3 more to go. I’m including Worlds because I’m hopeful that my team will pull it off.

2014 Auburn District Event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bObJuIcKYt4&list=UUGlwi9YkxGx0zZh8kaETJ9A

I had to edit this one by myself, so I’m not entirely happy with it. I will probably end up pick up the footage and re-editing it because our footage was absolutely beautiful, but there was such little time for me to edit that it was insane to go through 300 clips. Also I’m not a big fan of the music in this one. Too slow and doesn’t pick up until near the end of the video.

Now for the reason for such amazing footage. My mentor got something this week that is absolutely killer. It beats steadicams for ease of use and consistency in steady footage. It is called the MOVI M5. If you would like to take a look at it full potential watch this: http://vimeo.com/63357898

Will there be a highlight video for Central Washington?

When will the highlight video from Portland be available?

Actually, yes there is one. It was made by someone else. We were short on decent footage, though, so it’s not too great. I’ll see if I can upload it later.

The video should be up by Tuesday.

I talked to Kevin today and he said that all the computers were out and ready for me to access so I will definitely be able to get the video tomorrow.

I would love to see it. I had assumed that no one tried to get anything since most of you had to work the livestream.

Next year I’m thinking we outfit a few people that are going to all different events with some decent DSLRs and steadicam rigs and we should be able to do some pretty good highlight reels at all events. :slight_smile:

This is the final highlight reel for the Official FIRST PNW season. Off-season events will get their own threads when they happen.

I believe without a doubt that this is the best highlight reel we could have made for an event this large. I had my wonderful video and audio editors (Conner and Trevor from FRC 2910, Jack in the Bot) help me out with this one.

I can’t wait to see all the teams at St. Louis this coming week. I will be producing a highlight reel for the event on my own accord, no time to get myself a media pass, with most of it being pit and stands footage. I could get robots, but it wouldn’t be close up.

Anyone know if they will let me walk around with roller blades and a full steadicam rig in the pits? :stuck_out_tongue: