Poles

How do you make a pole?
Set option for it?

A pole is usually made of aluminum or steel pipe. You can get these wherever you get metal. :slight_smile:

As for polls, there’s a check box in the “Additional Options” section of the New Thread page that you can click to create said poll.

Give birth to a child while in Poland. :wink:

You could follow the instructions here: http://www.ehow.com/how_5008167_magnetize-iron-rod.html and you will actually end up with two poles.

Then you can check out this thread: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79272 and learn all kinds of stuff about magnets.

:smiley:

simple - install an integrator and create a root in the denominator

but be really really careful or your will end up with a “pole in the right half plane”.

and everyone knows that if you have too many poles in the right half plane then your plane will crash !

Can a mod delete this thread?

Answer is here. http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=poll&match=all&titlesonly=0

I don’t know… this thread just gave me a good laugh… that’s not as available in the other thread.

I don’t know… this thread just gave me a good laugh… that’s not as available in the other thread.

I’m with you there. I think this will be a great object lesson about homonyms and polymorphism.

Note: I hope I am using the term polymorphism correctly, vis. the same word can have multiple definitions. Language techs, feel free to correct me.

I don;t think it should. I had a good 2 or 3 minutes of laughing from this. :smiley: I say we either sticky it or just not delete it. :smiley:

Perhaps we should have a poll to decide whether or not to delete this thread.

It appears there are two opposite poles regarding this thread…:stuck_out_tongue:

As long as it doesn’t become polemic in nature, I’m good with it.

some math poles - here

some control theory poles - here

Dave might go for an aggregation of stardust in relation to a celestial pole. Or just the simple ‘ship-star’.

or you can go for more variations of nerdy engineer jokes below

A large diplomatic delegation from Poland gets on a plane to go to a UN conference. The plane takes off normally, and everything seems fine during takeoff. Five minutes into the flight, however, the plane starts flying erratically, inverts, and crashes killing everyone onboard. The investigators analyzing the crash are dumbfounded since everything seemed to be in order with the aircraft. Eventually, they bring the problem to a contol engineer who immediately recognizes the problem: “It’s simple really… you had poles in the right half of the plane!”

Q: Why do Eastern European airlines fly half empty?
A: There must be no poles in the right half-plane

A group of Polish people got on a plane to New York. For some reason, they all ended up getting seating on the left side of the aisle, and spent their trip talking about this and that. As they approached New York, the pilot announced that they were now passing over Liberty Island and that if people looked out of the right side windows they could see the Statue of Liberty. Our Polish people rushed to look, and as they did so the plane immediately plummeted and crashed into the ocean.

Why?
… too many Poles in the right half-plane.

Conjugate Poles

The Russian airline Aeroflot has a flight which goes from Moscow to Prague with a stop at Warsaw.

On one day the plane stopped at Warsaw, and a couple got on and seated themselves on the starboard side of the aircraft. On take-off, the aircraft gyrated violently and crashed. The accident investigation board concluded that the aircraft became unstable in flight because it had a pair of conjugate Poles in the right half of the plane.

Its post like the ones here that makes me think we need something better to do. Goes back to CADing a wheel

For the love of God,please post the hint. We’re starting to lose control.

I agree:

In the absence of a valid game hint, the natives in CD tend to get restless and resort to this sort of pun-ishment of one another.

Does this mean that control will be gained if and when a hint is released?

The only thing that makes us less sane than a hint thread is not having a hint thread. I can’t believe I’m saying this but, Dave, please save us!

now since ‘water’ is a bipolar molecule, and since the water could shift in the tank to the right side of the robot, therefore making it unstable and shifting toward the penalty zone.

the penalty zone could be a big hole - then a shift of the bipolar stuff could create a big pole in the right half plane causing the robot to fall into the dreaded big pole hole.

Is that a game hint? There’ll be a big guy from Gdansk in the middle of the field, somehow affecting the robots? Or do we simply have to avoid a black hole in the middle of the field?

Dave is providing the black holes. He has a source.