Poll: How many motors?

Just wondering how many motors teams are putting on their robots this year. So, how many motors will be on your robot?

How many motors on your robot
  • Less than 4
  • 4-6
  • 7-8
  • 9-10
  • 11-12
  • 13-14
  • 15-16
  • 17-18
  • 19-20
  • 21+

0 voters

1 Like

REV gave us 20 slots so I’m gonna use all 20 slots. This rule also applies to the speedometer in my car.

25 Likes

40 bag motors

12 Likes

We were thinking of putting our only Falcon on to wave a flag, just so we could claim we’d tried it out :wink:

1 Like

Your speedometer is your fuse box? No wonder you always say you were only going 40.

6 Likes

13 motors, 14 PDP slots (one for vision coprocessor and LEDs). We’re using the PDP, so we needed to stay under 16. We had planned for two motors in the shooter and two in the intake but only needed one in each, so we ended up with some extras.

Make sure you check the shaft screws for Loctite, I’ve heard it’s a pretty nasty failure mode…

/s

1 Like

I paid for the whole PDH so I’m gon’ use the whole PDH!

5 Likes

Our robot this year has 16 NEOs and nothing else (not even pneumatics)

1 Like

What happens if you use the whole tachometer before you get to the end of the speedometer?

Shift gears

1 Like

It won’t go more to the right after 4th
halp

1 Like

Just stick it in reverse. Paid for the whole transmission, might as well use all of it.

1 Like

Looking at the numbers, my guess is there will be very few robots like ours that use only one motor to intake Cargo and score it in the low Hub. I guess efficiency isn’t a thing any more.

1 Like

How do you do that? I’m intrigued.

similar design to Everybot. Intake is on the end of a long arm, lifted with pneumatics to make the whole thing go up and then the intake roller spits the cargo out into the low goal.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.