Potential Problem with "fighting over the goal"

Team 121 and Team 69 squared off today at a tug-of-war with the goal. We noticed that after that there were several burned holes in 69’s carpet. And to top it off the wheels on both teams weren’t as aggressive as others I see.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=2148&direction=DESC&sort=date&perrow=4&trows=3

And the rules are specific not to destroy the any part of the field, including the carpet. Could the judges see this, something that will be very common, as a DQ act? Unless FIRST has some type of stronger commercial carpet, which I doubt, this could be a problem.

At the Washington, DC ‘Play Date’ at the National Building museum, several teams left tire marks(including ours) on the field. I didn’t totice any burn marks, however. Do you mean that the tires acually wore through the carpet? Or there are friction burns?
Is the pic gonna be in the field pics?

As Far as I remember the little sections of the carpet were completely stripped off to see only the white stuff that hold the carpet together.

*Originally posted by Kyle Fenton *
**Team 121 and Team 69 squared off today at a tug-of-war with the goal. We noticed that after that there were several burned holes in 69’s carpet. And to top it off the wheels on both teams weren’t as aggressive as others I see.

I have a picture that I uploaded in the Gallery and should be available soon.

And the rules are specific not to destroy the any part of the field, including the carpet. Could the judges see this, something that will be very common, as a DQ act? Unless FIRST has some type of stronger commercial carpet, which I doubt, this could be a problem. **

Yes, that was a problem. The carpet we have down now is the one FIRST specified to use this year (and its been the same for the past few years).

This is a potential problem which we’ll all have to think about for strategies.

sure wait til the big robot leaves before you have a tug of war.

If you noitice the track system will not damage the rug at all so I see it that if your wheels are damaging the rug that is agaisnt the rules.