Pre-season hours

Hi Guys,

I’m putting together a team schedule right now and I’ve notice that it has a LOT more pre-season hours than most teams. I have us meeting from 5:30 'til 8 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday & 9 'til 3 every other Saturday. Is that too much? What is your schedule?

Thanks,

• Lemiant

It really depends on what you have to do. If you have 7 hours of work a week pre season for every single team member, that’s not unreasonable. But if you’re just hoping to create work, probably not.

We meet twice a week for 2 hours each time.

3 or 4 days a week may be a bit excessive in the pre-season. If your students are up for it, great! But your mentors may not be able to commit to that schedule. Over what time period (how many weeks?) are you looking to implement this schedule? And what are you hoping to accomplish?

We are going to be working with almost strictly rookie kids, so the objective is to get these kids ready to compete in a season as if they were experienced.

I’m thinking of doing it all of the pre-season: from end of September until start of December.

We meet every Wednesday and Thursday in the beginning of the school year from 2:30-4:00, and after competition season every Wednesday, same time. I’d like to practice more, but our mentors need some time off.