Problems with LabView program in Acer laptop

So, me and my team have been facing a problem with installation of the new versions of LabView program, specially the “NI LabView 2019” (we’re using the laptop gaved us by the FRC Charged Up Kit) . After I follow and the current steps of the WPILib and NI, all the programs install correctly: roboRIO Imaging Tool and FRC Driver Station. However, no signal of NI LabView 2019, the mainly one we need to program.
We already contact other teams and all of them said were dealing with the same problem in the same laptop of Acer (FRC Charged Up Kit).

Is anyone having this problem, or better, know how to fix it?

We aren’t using LabVIEW 2019 this season.
Some of those screen captures in the instructions are out of date.

To confirm what you did…
Did you install the LabVIEW Software for FRC for 2023 from this page?

Here’s the install first page you should have seen:

After you finished you didn’t find NI LabVIEW 2020 on the Start menu list of apps?

Yes. I did. That’s why, even when I tried to reinstall gives me an error message, because everything whcih had to be installed, is already installed.

After you finished you didn’t find NI LabVIEW 2020 on the Start menu list of apps?

Well, one program with that name appeared on the list: NI LabVIEW 2020 SP1 (32-bit)

Is that the program I must have? Due to the icon and name ba a little different from the other versions, this might be the wrong one, right?

That is the right one. Can you explain what you mean by the icon and name being different? Different from what?

I had in mind the other versions of the NI LabView, that’s why I was confused if this would be the right one I needed. But my problem is already solved, thanks for trying to help!

The FRC 2023 date on it means you have the right version.

Good luck this season!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.