Project Lead the Way?

The Oconomowoc Area School District is looking at incorporating Project Lead the Way into our cirriculum and our lead teacher wanted to know how many teams/high schools have already done so with theirs?

Thanks
Ricky

Several school in NYC that are also a member of FIRST is using the Project Lead the Way in their program.
:slight_smile:

Part of the curriculum for Project Lead The Way is developed here at RIT. The FIRST team doesn’t have too much interaction with the PLTW group but we have stolen the mailing list for team development purposes.

Matt

Us here in Hammond have it for the first time ever this year. Our robotics team is made up of 4 feeder schools, and one of them has the PLTW program, we will be expanding to the others next year (hopefully). In the one school that has the program, 4 members of the Hammond Robotics team are enrolled in the program myself included. I think it is an excellent program, and I believe (from my class experience) that FIRST participants benefit the most from the PLTW program. If you want some more info or to get on our PLTW message board Ricky, send me an e-mail, and I will help you or your school in any way I can.

-Greg The Great

Kokomo High School, the highschool of team 45 has Project Lead the Way, and it’s a very good program. It isnt really incorportated with the TechnoKats, but many students take the classes, and one of the teacher sponsers teach some classes for it.

Can someone explain what Project Lead the Way is exactly?

*Originally posted by BandChick *
**Can someone explain what Project Lead the Way is exactly? **

Project Lead the Way is a pre-engineering program for high schools. It provides a complete set of courses culminating in a senior design project. Check out their website .

High Tech has been integrating the PLTW program starting with my class. So far its going pretty well, except for some small snags at first. I recommend it.

Thanks Sarah, I had never even HEARD of this project before CD, but after reading about it, I am going to see if i can talk to some of the school board members to implement this into my former high school, Hightstown.

How many schools have implemented Project Lead the Way into their courses?

We have had it at my school for two years I am in my 3rd class right now and I like it so I would recommend it.

What sort of courses do you take, personally? Others?

*Originally posted by Aignam *
**What sort of courses do you take, personally? Others? **

CAD
CIM
Principles of Engineering
Digital Electronics
Automation and Robotics
Engineering Design

…others I can’t remember.

Team 343 has it in the High School, Career Center and the Middle Schools. Basicly all the Middle and High Schools in Oconee County in South Carolina. Our team has been promoting PLTW and FIRST on the state level since the team began. The two work very well together.

Note to some of the educators and students on our team. Chime in here and let the CD world know how PLTW going here!

*Originally posted by Gene F *
**Our team has been promoting PLTW and FIRST on the state level since the team began. The two work very well together.

Random Useless Trivia:
One of the founding high schools for PLTW was also one of the original FIRST teams in 1992.

:smiley:

*Originally posted by JVN *
**Random Useless Trivia:
One of the founding high schools for PLTW was also one of the original FIRST teams in 1992.

:smiley: **

Team 45, TechnoKats from Kokomo High School in Kokomo, IN. :]

David, I think it was 250. :slight_smile: We might have been on of the first in Indiana to have it, but we havent had it that long.

*Originally posted by Clark Gilbert *
**David, I think it was 250. :slight_smile: We might have been on of the first in Indiana to have it, but we havent had it that long. **

Ding Ding We have a winner.

Shenedehowa HS (FIRST Team 20) was one of the founders of the Project Lead The Way Program. They have also been in FIRST since 1992.