Seems like a position that a PR-minded FIRST alum would thrive in!
FIRST Global Communications Officer Position
*FIRST *Global is looking to add a creative, strategic communicator to its growing team. The ideal candidate will be agile, flexible, and able to clearly communicate the mission and impact of *FIRST *Global across multiple tasks, including social media, press engagement, and content creation (video, blogs, and other medium). This is an amazing opportunity to join an entrepreneurial communications team focused on storytelling and creating powerful campaigns on issues such as trust, transparency, accountability, responsiveness, and development.
This position requires a communications professional who is knowledgeable of and skilled in communication processes, organizing strategic outreach efforts and developing and managing communication planning calendars. Candidates with a background in writing and communications planning with an emphasis on integrated communications, messaging, communication outreach, and execution are strongly encouraged to apply.
Ideal candidates must be:
● A consummate professional and an effective strategic communications practitioner.
● An excellent communicator, writer, strategic thinker, and planner with strong problem-solving skills.
● Passionate about their work and results driven.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Demonstrate strong strategic communications skills, including organizational communications, planning, risk and crisis communications, public outreach.
● Develop and implement communication plans for a variety of program campaigns.
● Recommend communications strategies and approaches designed to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
● Edit and generate content for *FIRST *Global website, newsletter, presentations, reports, and occasional op-eds.
● Participate in social media content promotion (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
● Write and/or copy edit press releases and marketing material.
● Lead on press outreach in U.S. and foreign countries.
● Build and maintain international press lists and help oversee our press archive.
Qualifications and skills
● A minimum of a bachelor’s degree coupled with 3 years of experience with strategic communications, planning, strategy, and tactical communications.
● Exceptional writing and editing skills.
● Experience in press outreach and media engagement.
● Experience working in a fast paced environment.
● Ability to work effectively in a small team environment.
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Strong technology skills, including using major social media platforms, MS Office products, web browsers, and other technology resources.
● Language skills strongly preferred, but not required.
*FIRST *Global offers a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid holidays, paid sick, and vacation time.
*FIRST *Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This description reflects management assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
● Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline
Applications can be sent via email to:
Anisha Hindocha (email@example.com)
Director of Government Relations and Logistics