Pump-Up Music! Yeah, that is what I am talking about!

What music pumps up your team before competition. I would like to create a CD for ALL FIRST teams to have to pump up before the competition.Lets hear it FIRST teams.

haha Sandstorm - DaRude :stuck_out_tongue: and prolly a bunch of rock songs (like Enter the Sandman - Metallica) I think the majority of my team enjoys rock so yeah…

for me personally: I listen to stuff like System of a Down, Alexisonfire, or The Mighty Mighty Bosstones to get pumped (prettymuch any medium - fast rock songs that I can play the drums to) and of course…Sandstorm (like I mentioned before)

add a vote for sandstorm nonpoint-avenged sevenfold hard rock in general

sandstorm is so overplayed… after countless robotics and martial arts competitions with that song playing ceaslessly, I beg for something else.

start with something soft, don’t wanna shock-warm up.

In side of you in spite of you by Thou Shalt Not (good beat, good warmup song)
then move onto some faster stuff, like some SOAD. Then finish it off with a good speed blast, try for something like Mr Self Destruct by NIN. (that song always makes me paranoid for some reason…)

Umm, Black Eyed Peas - Pump it ?

Seems fitting

Low Rider

“The Time Is Now” by John Cena.

Laugh, but it works.

1-2-8 by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Ewwwww, westlein’…Ewwww

CHA CHA SLIDE!!! by DJ Casper.

Haha we should get them to play the Cha Cha Slide at the competition and see how many people do it. Or the Macarena:D

Errr… what pumps us up? A phone call at 6:00am to our hotel rooms by mentors. Pre-competition… yeah… uh… we… er… don’t have much of that. Personally, I’d like to use some of the music from UT2K4, Rob Zombie, or System of a Down, but I’m in the minority. I think most of us could agree on some '80s rock though, like Led Zeppelin, but as seeing we have no stereo or a working computer in our “lab” it doesn’t matter much.

lately, our team has been listening to “you spin me right 'round” by billy idol.

Dragoste Din Tei by Ozone, definately! lol

All Jacked Up or Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson!! :wink:

Walk This Way by Aerosmith

Listen to Your Heart by DHT

Any Way You Want It by Journey

Space Jam

YMCA

Headstrong

Cryptonite

The usual FIRST stuff gets our kids hyped up for spirit.

I’ll add to the list: right near anything from Dr. Dre’s “2001” album. Obviously, I can’t recommend the album to anyone with a problem with a Parental Advisory sticker, but if that’s not a problem for you, get it. (If you do have a problem with it, might I suggest the Instrumentals Only version instead?)

Definitely Dragoste Din Tei !!!

I made a CD like this last week (had to fill up robotics time) so if you want a list of the other songs I put on it just PM me.

Tomasz Bania

How about we make a song list and post it on Itunes
for FIRST teams to download?

I think its a good idea!

THE TIME WARP! :smiley:

• Cha Cha Slide
  • Macarena

You need the basic dance songs
or else the party just dies!

~Zara~

I believe I’m alone on this one - Yakety Sax