Hello, I am a programmer from a FTC team and I’ve been working on pure pursuit for a while. After finishing the algorithm, I tested it with our opmode. Our problem arises, where the robot moves in short bursts. I’m sure that there is no mechanial problem with the drivetrain that is causing this problem, since I can run my distance and turn methods with no problem. Here is my pure pursuit code and the opmode I tested this with.
I wasn’t able to add in an extra link, but here is the video (Sorry for bad quality, I’m not sure how that happened).
I’m not versed in java, or the ftc control system, but my guess would be that it’s setting the motors to a high value to start as it should, then turning them off until the controller updates again. Again, I don’t know, but that’s my guess.