Pyramid Robot

On Fox tonight at 8 est there will be a two hour long special about a robot that is exploring one of the Egyptian Pyramids.

tell me how the program was since i can’t watch it tonite

Pretty much nothing happened and you didn’t miss anything to exciting. It was like one of the teacher videos that you fall asleep in class watching. It didn’t have quite as much stuff on the robot as I was lead to believe. But… what do you expect from a bunch of archeologists trying to create something thrilling out of something dull and boring.

hey, i think archaeology, pyramids and robots are all very interesting things :slight_smile:
then again, that’s just me :wink:

On the radio last night I heard the robot got through a sealed door after several hours of digging, and when they got through they found another sealed door… :smiley:

Don’t get me wrong, I do to but the way they were dragging out looking into that hole made no sense except for the fact that they hade a huge scheduling gap that they needed to fill there was no other reason for prolonging it for so long. It wasn’t like they had never been up that shaft before or they hadn’t already drilled the hole. So it was pretty much a waste of time especially since nothing but another block was behind that piece of stone.

*Originally posted by D.J. Fluck *
**On the radio last night I heard the robot got through a sealed door after several hours of digging, and when they got through they found another sealed door… :smiley: **

There was no digging involved you should watch a tape or repeat to see what I mean. All they had to do last night was get up the shaft they had already drilled through the piece of rock, but yes all they found was another block of stone.

*Originally posted by jk2005 *

There was no digging involved you should watch a tape or repeat to see what I mean. All they had to do last night was get up the shaft they had already drilled through the piece of rock, but yes all they found was another block of stone. **

I didnt actually see the show, but I heard about it on CBS Radio News a few hours later.

A story and a video clip are available at http://www.msnbc.com/news/808702.asp?0dm=C11IT&cp1=1

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20020915

That’s funny Brandon