Up until last year, our team had completed all of our scouting on paper which as you know has its pros and cons. We wanted to develop a scouting app that would simple data acquisition and migration without the need to use networks, bluetooth, and pen drives. Brainstorming happened and we think we’ve made a simple, user friendly application for all your scouting needs using QR code data transfer! The app works without internet connection, USB drives, and bluetooth - all you need is an Android device with a camera.
This year’s apps (yes there’s two) allows you to save and analyze vital information about other teams such as points scored, tote stacks, container stacks, and noodles. Equipped with a lightning fast QR code scanner and a QR analyzer, this app will simplify scouting.
Here’s how the two app process works:
- The User App generates a QR code which contains match data about other teams
- The Master App scans the QR code
- The Master App sorts teams based on points, coopertitions, tote levels, and all other fields
- The analyzed information from the QR code is converted into a CSV file
- The CSV file can be opened in the app itself or in another spreadsheet application, such as Microsoft Excel
You can access it and check more screen shots out on our websiteand on the Google Play Store in the next few days. We’ll post a reply when it’s available.
There’s a lot of great scouting apps out there and we hope you’ll give it a try. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions, comments, and thoughts. Our students and team can’t wait to hear your feedback and hope that you enjoy their work!