Question about the animation in general...

In the animation, are you supposed to communicate only one aspect of what FIRST means to you? So let’s say you decided that first meant team work for you team. Would you have the whole animation about how FIRST means teamwork and thats it?

On the official papers (C4.1.3 Content Communication) it says at one point, and I quote:

“Illustrate and communicate a specific aspect of what FIRST means to your team.” … “create an informative and clearly focused infomercial about a particularly appealing or effective aspect of FIRST”

I had an answer then I realized that your question was different than I previously thought. :stuck_out_tongue: . I am helping out team 168 in Miami, the Flashbacks. We used the core of “What does FIRST mean to your team” in 3 separate and unique stories (and all 3 have quite a bit of humor to them), and storyboarded them this past thursday. Seeing as how Autodesk is asking for the meaning to be on the front opening frame with your team information, I would have to go with yes. Plus it gives you a bit more focus, and makes it easier to cut the animation to 30 seconds.

Keep in mind that this is my opinion and interpretation of the rules. You may want to email FIRST.entries@autodesk.com with your question and post it and the answer here so we can all see what’s the downlo on what the judges want to see.

Good luck, and happy animating!

-Robby O
FIRSTanimators Moderator
oshortwan@hotmail.com

Thanks Robby. I emailed the question to them… now its a matter of time

I really think you don’t need to only communicate only one aspect. I think if you can tie it into 30 seconds, and follow all rules, you can have as many aspects of FIRST as you want.

*Originally posted by Jim McGeehin *
**I really think you don’t need to only communicate only one aspect. I think if you can tie it into 30 seconds, and follow all rules, you can have as many aspects of FIRST as you want. **

hmmm

as i said before… im afraid of a rash of lame animations…

The quality could get hurt, yes. That’s another aspect that must be taken into account. Again, I’m only saying that I don’t think the rules say you can only communicate one aspect.