Question for Anton

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 04/23/2001 3:05 PM EST

Student on team #495, The Pack, from Jamestown High School and VBEP/Raytheon/Saic.

Hey Anton,
I was looking at some of my pics from nats and I have one of you. your shirt has WTF painted on the back. What is that? I couldn’t figure it out.
:Carolyn

Posted by colleen - T190 at 04/23/2001 5:05 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

In Reply to: Question for Anton
Posted by Carolyn Duncan on 04/23/2001 3:05 PM EST:

If that’s means what I would think… back when i was a sophomore, it was kinda our ‘motto’ as drivers/HPs… and we were told to ‘not make it visible’ cause if it got caught being shown on the big screens etc, some people might figure it out and possibly be offended :stuck_out_tongue:

Posted by Anton Abaya at 04/23/2001 5:32 PM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and If only we had free donuts…

In Reply to: Question for Anton
Posted by Carolyn Duncan on 04/23/2001 3:05 PM EST:

hiya carolyn,

if you talk enuf online, the acronym does come useful especially in a world where sometimes you cant understand what the other party is doing.

WTF in direct translation is “What the Fudge?”

of course, there are other translations that a creative person might touch upon.

-anton

ps. colleen, who would be offended with “What the fudge?” :wink:

Posted by Brian Cholerton at 04/24/2001 7:21 AM EST

Engineer on team #311, Red Jammers, from East Islip High School and KeySpan Energy, Multiline Corp., Computer Assoc…

In Reply to: mwhahahahaha…
Posted by Anton Abaya on 04/23/2001 5:32 PM EST:

Actually you will find that after you graduate and become more involved with engineering as a career and with life in general that this term will become VERY useful ie: “What the … That’s not how it’s s’posed to work???”

(Then again that sounds like us around the 3rd week of January.) :wink:

However, depending on your particular circumstances at that moment you can insert whichever descriptive term you wish at the end.

The ability to adjust to change. AH…such is the beauty of the english language.

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 04/24/2001 7:44 AM EST

Student on team #495, The Pack, from Jamestown High School and VBEP/Raytheon/Saic.

Thanx for the clear up. I guess it was easy to figure out if I wouldda just thought about it. Me personally, I don’t abreviate much. I just say it like it is. When I’m in a sit. where I can’t say it I just make lots of noise.
C-ya,
Carolyn

Posted by mike oleary at 04/25/2001 4:11 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

and we all know that anton spends a goodly amount of time online…and about acronyms: anton-its a bad sign when youre in public and someone says something funny but instead of laughing you say ‘lol’…just thought id make sure you are aware of that
mike who doesnt abreviate/use acronyms cuz he knows hell end up using them in real talking and look like a bigger ninny then he actually is

: hiya carolyn,

: if you talk enuf online, the acronym does come useful especially in a world where sometimes you cant understand what the other party is doing.

: WTF in direct translation is “What the Fudge?”

: of course, there are other translations that a creative person might touch upon.

: -anton

: ps. colleen, who would be offended with “What the fudge?” :wink:

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 04/25/2001 5:44 PM EST

In Reply to: Re: mwhahahahaha…
Posted by mike oleary on 04/25/2001 4:11 PM EST:

: mike who doesnt abreviate/use acronyms cuz he knows hell end up using them in real talking and look like a bigger ninny then he actually is
The same Mike who had a near fatal accident with a pair of pliers? The same Mike who hid from me at nats? The same Mike who knows as many bad Irish jokes as I do? (of course I know the answer to all the questions is yes.) What do you call an Irishman sitting on your back porch? Patty O’furniture. hehe
Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
C-ya,
Carolyn

P.S.
Anton, don’t say ‘lol’ when you are speaking to someone face to face. That makes you a ninny in the sense I know them, wimpy losers. Just a little advice, my $.02.

Posted by mike oleary at 04/25/2001 8:37 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

In Reply to: Mike who? hehe
Posted by Carolyn Duncan on 04/25/2001 5:44 PM EST:

i suppose it is that mike…except i dont know that i hid from you in florida

: mike who doesnt abreviate/use acronyms cuz he knows hell end up using them in real talking and look like a bigger ninny then he actually is
: The same Mike who had a near fatal accident with a pair of pliers? The same Mike who hid from me at nats? The same Mike who knows as many bad Irish jokes as I do? (of course I know the answer to all the questions is yes.) What do you call an Irishman sitting on your back porch? Patty O’furniture. hehe
: Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
: C-ya,
: Carolyn

: P.S.
: Anton, don’t say ‘lol’ when you are speaking to someone face to face. That makes you a ninny in the sense I know them, wimpy losers. Just a little advice, my $.02.

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 04/26/2001 7:44 AM EST

In Reply to: Re: Mike who? hehe
Posted by mike oleary on 04/25/2001 8:37 PM EST:

You weren’t hiding on purpose. Everytime I went by your pit the guys told me you just left. You weren’t at the web hug, I don’t think, so I was trying to find you. I had to meet a person who knew as many bad Irish jokes as I do.
C-ya,
Carolyn

Posted by mike oleary at 04/26/2001 4:13 PM EST

Posted by Carolyn Duncan on 04/26/2001 7:44 AM EST:

no i wasnt at the web hug…when i went to go to it me and my friends realized that we didnt know where it was…so we tried to find a big group of people we recognized from chief delphi forums but failed at that too

: You weren’t hiding on purpose. Everytime I went by your pit the guys told me you just left. You weren’t at the web hug, I don’t think, so I was trying to find you. I had to meet a person who knew as many bad Irish jokes as I do.

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 04/27/2001 8:08 AM EST

Posted by mike oleary on 04/26/2001 4:13 PM EST:

You’re a ninny right? That would mean you have a certain amount of intelligence right? Why didn’t you follow Anton? Didn’t you guys get one of the fliers? Sometimes we slip into the grasp of oblivion…
C-ya,
Carolyn

Posted by mike oleary at 04/27/2001 8:48 AM EST

In Reply to: Wasn’t that hard to find… with a flier
Posted by Carolyn Duncan on 04/27/2001 8:08 AM EST:

good question…we shoulda followed anton
and if we did get a flier i didnt see it

: You’re a ninny right? That would mean you have a certain amount of intelligence right? Why didn’t you follow Anton? Didn’t you guys get one of the fliers? Sometimes we slip into the grasp of oblivion…

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 04/30/2001 8:55 PM EST

In Reply to: Re: Wasn’t that hard to find… with a flier
Posted by mike oleary on 04/27/2001 8:48 AM EST:

: good question…we shoulda followed anton
: and if we did get a flier i didnt see it

The ninnies never learned to play follow the leader in elementary school did they? Now we understand everything…you guys didn’t pay attention to the basics.
Carolyn

Posted by mike oleary at 05/01/2001 9:09 PM EST

Posted by Carolyn Duncan on 04/30/2001 8:55 PM EST:

the the basics…hehehe
were not known for paying attention period
i know for a fact that like at least 50% of our team has add
mike who gets in a lot of trouble when he forgets his ridilin (and i forgot to bring it to nats…oops)

: : good question…we shoulda followed anton
: : and if we did get a flier i didnt see it

: The ninnies never learned to play follow the leader in elementary school did they? Now we understand everything…you guys didn’t pay attention to the basics.

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 05/02/2001 7:43 AM EST

Posted by mike oleary on 05/01/2001 9:09 PM EST:

: mike who gets in a lot of trouble when he forgets his ridilin (and i forgot to bring it to nats…oops)

Did you conveniently “forget” to pack it or did you run out of room? I think you just wanted to have a good time at nats.
Carolyn who wonders if there is anything other than add to describe her because that ain’t descriptive or strong enough. hehehe

Posted by mike oleary at 04/26/2001 4:13 PM EST

no i wasnt at the web hug…when i went to go to it me and my friends realized that we didnt know where it was…so we tried to find a big group of people we recognized from chief delphi forums but failed at that too

: You weren’t hiding on purpose. Everytime I went by your pit the guys told me you just left. You weren’t at the web hug, I don’t think, so I was trying to find you. I had to meet a person who knew as many bad Irish jokes as I do.

Posted by mike oleary at 04/26/2001 4:14 PM EST

Posted by mike oleary at 04/26/2001 4:45 PM EST

Posted by mike oleary on 04/26/2001 4:14 PM EST:

EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM EOM
(btw…eom means end of message…ninny)