question for W. Mich students

Posted by Jason Morrella at 03/11/2001 10:03 PM EST

Coach on team #254, Cheesy Poofs, from Bellarmine College Prep & others and NASA Ames/Cypress Semiconductor/Unity Care.

OK - one of those defining moments where I know I am old. A question only the kids will know…

What was the name of that song (by who?)/dance that all the students in the stands knew (and seemed to love) right before the awards ceremony yesterday in W. Mich?
(seemed to be part line dance, cha cha, and other stuff)

Thanks!

Posted by Chris Hardman at 03/11/2001 10:12 PM EST

Student on team #111, WILDSTANG, from Rolling Meadows and Wheeling High schools and motorola.

In Reply to: question for W. Mich students
Posted by Jason Morrella on 03/11/2001 10:03 PM EST:

: OK - one of those defining moments where I know I am old. A question only the kids will know…

: What was the name of that song (by who?)/dance that all the students in the stands knew (and seemed to love) right before the awards ceremony yesterday in W. Mich?
: (seemed to be part line dance, cha cha, and other stuff)

: Thanks!

yea it’s called the cha cha slide

chris hardman

Posted by Travis Covington at 03/11/2001 10:16 PM EST

Student on team #115, MVRT, from Monta Vista High School and 3com - NASA-Xilinx-Hitachi Data Systems.

heard it tho…but still have no idea

Posted by Erin at 03/12/2001 7:03 AM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

You may have seen the Huskies dancing like crazy to this song that day. It is called the Cha Cha or “Casper” Slide part 2. There is also a part 1… but that one isn’t the one played on the radio. It’s very popular over here on Michigan’s east side, and it’s really funny watching people try to Charlie Brown…

-Erin